Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2006, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Do Wasps Cause Damage

Hi all

Yes it's that time of year again.
Our house seems to be the preferred holiday destination for all wasps in the
East Riding!
Having had problems with wasps in the main house loft a couple of years ago,
I have been watching the eaves closely for signs of wasp entry and spraying
with nest destroyer to discourage them.
BAD NEWS, my surveys missed our new single storey pitched roof at the back
and they are having to flight-stack on approach there are so many going in
and out.
But.....this loft is not needed for storage or for maintenance access, it
has fixed wiring feeds only and no plumbing.

So, if I just leave them, do they eat any materials in the loft space?
Cables? Wooden Rafters? Insulation, roof or cavity wall? Lightweight
blocks or bricks?
Any other way they can damage the fabric of our new build?

Thanks in anticipation

Phil