Old 06-08-2006, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Conifers discolouring. Oooh err!

Hi

I've checked through this list about discolouring of conifers and
realize that something is amiss with my conifer. I'm pretty sure that
at the end of the day, it's diseased and I'm going to have to uproot it
and get a new one. Before I do this, I would be grateful if you kind
folks could take a look at the pics of my conifer and tell me whether
you think I can save it. The pics a
http://www.jigsaw-of-smiles.8m.com/conifer1.jpg
http://www.jigsaw-of-smiles.8m.com/conifer2.jpg

The 'brown' conifer has been like this for approx 3 - 4 months and
we've had all of the conifers for approx. 6 - 7 years.

So, what do you reckon. is it diseased, a favourite cats' pee haunt or
is it planted too near a pavement where the acids and alkaline form the
concrete foundation are leeching into the soil.

Any answers greatly received. Thanks in adavnce.
Mike

Old 06-08-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com,
"NumboJumbo" writes:

| The 'brown' conifer has been like this for approx 3 - 4 months and
| we've had all of the conifers for approx. 6 - 7 years.

It's had it, I am afraid. You could see if it greens up next year,
but the odds are against it.

| So, what do you reckon. is it diseased, a favourite cats' pee haunt or
| is it planted too near a pavement where the acids and alkaline form the
| concrete foundation are leeching into the soil.

Dunno. Possibly also a poor root run (compacted soil).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.