Old 30-08-2006, 01:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT?: Birds Newsgroup

Hi

Noticing a lot of posts about birds on here (Recently EagleEyes' Hoopoe
Query). I've used the group to ask stuff myself but wonder if there's a UK
dedicated group given that not all birds visit gardens?

I've used scot.birds (too sporadic, though i'm a proud Scot myself!) and
rec.birds which is american and they call sparrows weaver finches ffs.

Not looking for anything ornothological and scientific just general layman's
chatter. Is it my server or are we all missing something?

xiv

Old 30-08-2006, 04:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Birds Newsgroup

"louisxiv" wrote in message
Hi

Noticing a lot of posts about birds on here (Recently EagleEyes' Hoopoe
Query). I've used the group to ask stuff myself but wonder if there's a UK
dedicated group given that not all birds visit gardens?

I've used scot.birds (too sporadic, though i'm a proud Scot myself!) and
rec.birds which is american and they call sparrows weaver finches ffs.

Not looking for anything ornothological and scientific just general
layman's chatter. Is it my server or are we all missing something?
xiv

uk.rec.birdwatching ??

Jenny

Old 30-08-2006, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

uk.rec.birdwatching ??

Jenny

That'll be the one!

Old 30-08-2006, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

uk.rec.birdwatching ??

Jenny

That'll be the one!

uk.rec.birdwatching used to be a great newsgroup, but has been damaged by
cross posting nutters. I lurk for the odd snippet but since I kill
crossposters, it is often very quiet.

Old 30-08-2006, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"John T" wrote in message
.uk...
uk.rec.birdwatching ??

Jenny

That'll be the one!

uk.rec.birdwatching used to be a great newsgroup, but has been damaged by
cross posting nutters. I lurk for the odd snippet but since I kill
crossposters, it is often very quiet.

Looks like it's still pretty active though.
Thanks folks...