Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ride on Mower/Tractor wanted - but not sure of type ???

I am after a ride on mower or tractor with a bit of HP, one that can
cut long grass on a half of acre lawn and also collect the cuttings.

But can also be used for say topping on a 8 acre field, and other
general use so must have PTO and hitch.

Any recommendations of makes and models.

Must be reliable, spares cheap, and cheap to buy, and will last years.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello,

Are you looking for a lawn tractor that will double as a tractor for
towing a trailer or a compact tractor with an attachment for cutting
and collecting?
What kind of access to the areas do you have, eg: how wide are the
gates, etc..?

If you give me more information about what you want to use the machine
for then I can suggest a few to take a look at.

EddSmith

www.charleylandscapes.com

http://groups.google.com/group/Garden-Machinery

http://groups.google.com/group/charleylandscapes

Old 01-09-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

pcplod I am after a ride on mower or tractor with a bit of HP, one that
can
cut long grass on a half of acre lawn and also collect the cuttings.

But can also be used for say topping on a 8 acre field, and other
general use so must have PTO and hitch.

Any recommendations of makes and models.

Must be reliable, spares cheap, and cheap to buy, and will last years.

http://www.kubotacentre.co.uk/ one of their excellent tractors is everything
you want.
Good engine too.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 02-09-2006, 06:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I suppose its a compact I am after with pto and hitch.

Width no problem, all gates are car wide.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hello,

I personally use John Deere tractors, they are easy to drive and are
very versatile. The compact tractor I use can have a deck slung
underneath between the axles and a collector on the back. It also has
a rear PTO, 3 point link and a hitch which can be removed when using
implements. They do quite a good range in size and power. Also you
could take a look at Kubota or Iseki.

EddSmith

www.charleylandscapes.com