Old 06-09-2006, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default trailing fushias

I have invested in some trailing fushias this year and been happy with the
development and results.
However it is time to consider what I can do to over winter these plants.
My intention is to wait until all the leaves drop off and not let them be
subject to any severe frosts damage.
What is the best way to store them over winter, Do they need any light,
waqtering.
Are they to be trimmed back to the root ball.
I have some with 6-8mm stems.
Will next years growth develop from these as well.
Is there any reference available on internet.
I would like to make larger displays next year typical ground stacking,
large hanging baskets etc.
How soon can cuttings be taken ans is it possible to grow these for display
next year.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/9/06 16:25, in article ,
"belto" wrote:

I have invested in some trailing fushias this year and been happy with the
development and results.
However it is time to consider what I can do to over winter these plants.
My intention is to wait until all the leaves drop off and not let them be
subject to any severe frosts damage.
What is the best way to store them over winter, Do they need any light,
waqtering.

Keep them in a frost-free environment. All ours just stay in the fuchsia
house and are kept above freezing. Keep them only just damp and allow to
drain well. Don't saturate them in cold weather.

Are they to be trimmed back to the root ball.

No, just tidy them up as you wish.

I have some with 6-8mm stems.
Will next years growth develop from these as well.

Yes.

Is there any reference available on internet.
I would like to make larger displays next year typical ground stacking,
large hanging baskets etc.
How soon can cuttings be taken ans is it possible to grow these for display
next year.

We're taking them pretty much all the time during the growing season.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Fushias Ray Jackson Gardening 3 16-07-2012 03:40 PM
Wall trailing plants? paddytt United Kingdom 1 12-10-2003 10:42 PM
Trailing fushia Seven United Kingdom 8 09-10-2003 08:23 PM
I found what my unknown trailing plant was!!! [email protected] Gardening 0 01-06-2003 11:20 PM
any hope for my fushias? nicky United Kingdom 7 26-02-2003 05:39 PM