Old 15-09-2006, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default what is this plant.

Hi, I have got a feeling that in the UK this is a house plant, but can anyone tell me it's name: It has many long stems with a leave at the end, and where the leave and stem join there is an erect flower that makes it look like a candle in an old fashioned candle holder. Anyone have any ideas
Old 15-09-2006, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

jakell writes
Hi, I have got a feeling that in the UK this is a house plant, but can anyone
tell me it's name: It has many long stems with a leave at the end, and
where the leave and stem join there is an erect flower that makes it look
like a candle in an old fashioned candle holder.* Anyone have any ideas

What colour leaf?
What colour flower?
--
Kay
Old 15-09-2006, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

jakell wrote:
Hi, I have got a feeling that in the UK this is a house plant, but can anyone tell me it's name: It has many long stems with a leave at the end, and where the leave and stem join there is an erect flower that makes it look like a candle in an old fashioned candle holder. Anyone have any ideas

You really need to be a lot more specific than that - try a pic and let
us know where to view it. If I'm going to make a hugely wild guess,
I'd have a stab at Spathiphyllum. Type that in Google and see whether
it matches.

Old 15-09-2006, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"DavePoole Torquay" wrote in reply to...
jakell wrote:
Hi, I have got a feeling that in the UK this is a house plant, but can
anyone tell me it's name: It has many long stems with a leave at the
end, and where the leave and stem join there is an erect flower that
makes it look like a candle in an old fashioned candle holder. Anyone
have any ideas

You really need to be a lot more specific than that - try a pic and let
us know where to view it. If I'm going to make a hugely wild guess,
I'd have a stab at Spathiphyllum. Type that in Google and see whether
it matches.

Or Anthurium.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthurium

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 16-09-2006, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
If I'm going to make a hugely wild guess,
I'd have a stab at Spathiphyllum. Type that in Google and see whether
it matches.

Or Anthurium.

Ah yes of course - I was thinking white candles and you were thinking
red :-)

Old 17-09-2006, 05:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I'm as big an amateur on the PC as I am with plants so not sure where I
could put a picture for the group to view. The plant seems to have no other
leaves than the ones which the upright which I think are yellow ripening to
green are attached to. These leaves seem to be various colours, but this
could be because of the way light is reflected of their shiny surface. It
is similar to Anthurium but not quite.

"DavePoole Torquay" wrote in message
oups.com...