Old 16-09-2006, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Our Salix seems to have an intruder!

Hi folks,

We planted a Salix back in winter and it has been growing and doing
really well. We recently noticed a shoot growing out of the trunk near
to the base, it is now a branch and growing rapidly, problem is that
the leaves on this particular branch are totally different to the
leaves on the Salix???

Any ideas on the why's and wherefore's anyone and what should we do
about it?

Thanks in advance

Gail

Old 16-09-2006, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Hi folks,
:
: We planted a Salix back in winter and it has been growing and doing
: really well. We recently noticed a shoot growing out of the trunk near
: to the base, it is now a branch and growing rapidly, problem is that
: the leaves on this particular branch are totally different to the
: leaves on the Salix???
:
: Any ideas on the why's and wherefore's anyone and what should we do
: about it?
:
: Thanks in advance
:
: Gail

Suspect it is growing from the rootstock, i.e. a sucker, so pull it gently
downwards and off as otherwise the stronger rootstock will take over

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Intruder gardenjim Gardening 1 05-07-2010 06:15 PM
Cymbidium intruder - Cym. invader (Small).JPG [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 3 04-01-2009 12:54 AM
Intruder in the Phals V_coerulea Orchid Photos 6 20-01-2008 01:36 AM
Green spider with red baubles seems to have killed my Sweet peas Brian and Paula United Kingdom 7 21-06-2007 07:31 PM
Intruder unfriendly plant supports Jim W United Kingdom 10 23-07-2003 11:32 PM