GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Biodynamics (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149907-biodynamics.html)

Sacha[_1_] 26-09-2006 01:24 PM

Biodynamics

For those interested in the questions raised recently, this is a good web
site to get some info on the matter.
http://www.romanin.com/pages/romanin.php?lang=en

Many years ago, I knew the Charmolue family pretty well and have been
fortunate enough to drink some of their delicious Chateau Montrose on many
occasions. If this didn't work, Jean Louis wouldn't be doing it!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

La Puce 26-09-2006 01:48 PM

Biodynamics

Sacha wrote:
For those interested in the questions raised recently, this is a good web
site to get some info on the matter.
http://www.romanin.com/pages/romanin.php?lang=en
Many years ago, I knew the Charmolue family pretty well and have been
fortunate enough to drink some of their delicious Chateau Montrose on many
occasions. If this didn't work, Jean Louis wouldn't be doing it!

Off course they wouldn't. It's something I grew up with and it becomes
second nature. When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it is
really. I spent a lot of time in le Crau du Roi as a kid. My cousin (in
Marseille) wanted to call my nephew Romanin but it was decided to call
him Romain, which is as beautiful :o)

Bob Hobden 26-09-2006 05:32 PM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote after Sacha wrote:
For those interested in the questions raised recently, this is a good web
site to get some info on the matter.
http://www.romanin.com/pages/romanin.php?lang=en
Many years ago, I knew the Charmolue family pretty well and have been
fortunate enough to drink some of their delicious Chateau Montrose on
many
occasions. If this didn't work, Jean Louis wouldn't be doing it!

Off course they wouldn't. It's something I grew up with and it becomes
second nature. When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it is
really. I spent a lot of time in le Crau du Roi as a kid. My cousin (in
Marseille) wanted to call my nephew Romanin but it was decided to call
him Romain, which is as beautiful :o)

So you named him after a type of lettuce? :-)

--
Regards
Bob H

La Puce 26-09-2006 11:20 PM

Biodynamics

Bob Hobden wrote:
So you named him after a type of lettuce? :-)

:o) But it's Romaine, Bob. You had me giggling today. I ventured into
the england.rec and sow that post by this chap claiming to grow veggies
by the grace of baby jesus. I wonder if there's a calendar for it too

Farm1 27-09-2006 09:56 AM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message

When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it is
really.

It isn't. Permaculturists don't bury cow horns full of cow manure, or
practice planting by the moon or use BD 500, or any of the other
formulas used by those who follow biodynamics

George.com 02-10-2006 12:08 PM

Biodynamics

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message om
from "La Puce" contains these words:

Farm1 wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message
When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it is
really.

It isn't. Permaculturists don't bury cow horns full of cow manure, or
practice planting by the moon or use BD 500, or any of the other
formulas used by those who follow biodynamics

Yes, permaculture is very close to biodynamics.

No, it isn't, as Fran just pointed out.

Also
the philosophy of permies and biodynamics are identical, a holistic and
spriritual approach to nature and the human being.

No, they are not identical philosophies.

Both are based on
the research by Steiner -

Misleading rubbish.

Permaculture is not based on Steiner or his theory of anthroposophy.
Pc was developed in Australia by Mollison and Holmgren. It would be hard
to imagine two people less interested in fairies, angels devas, auras
and the occult.

Janet.

Permaculture cover the gambit of society and economics incorporating such
things as town planning, construction and transport, monetary systems etc
etc. I have not seen that sort of thing come out of bio-dynamics.

rob

La Puce 02-10-2006 09:52 PM

Biodynamics

Farm1 wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message
When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it is
really.

It isn't. Permaculturists don't bury cow horns full of cow manure, or
practice planting by the moon or use BD 500, or any of the other
formulas used by those who follow biodynamics

Sorry for the delay - I was away in Danmark and Sweden for a few days
and it was a fabulous trip.

Yes, permaculture is very close to biodynamics. I have used planting by
the moon for years, but not entirely rigid to the calendar though. Also
the philosophy of permies and biodynamics are identical, a holistic and
spriritual approach to nature and the human being. Both are based on
the research by Steiner - in my permaculture favourite place,
Middlewood near Lancaster where I've spent sometime, a Steiner school
has been ran there since the 60s. Both design for sustainability,
ecology and care of the earth and it's people. HTH

La Puce 03-10-2006 02:07 PM

Biodynamics

Janet Baraclough wrote:
No, it isn't, as Fran just pointed out.

Yes it is. There's lots of similarities which I have pointed out to you
and others that I haven't.

Permaculture is not based on Steiner or his theory of anthroposophy.

'Based' is not the word I should have used. I should have said
influenced. Explain to me why so many permies that I know, and I know
quite a few, do regard Steiner's research as a positive addition to the
permaculture movement?

Pc was developed in Australia by Mollison and Holmgren.

Yes, that's right.

It would be hard
to imagine two people less interested in fairies, angels devas, auras
and the occult.

But then again from someone who thinks she knows what people think, you
ought to point out that this is your opinion. My early email pointed
out to many similarities but you have, strangely or perhaps not, snip
it.

Farm1 03-10-2006 04:00 PM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
Janet Baraclough wrote:
No, it isn't, as Fran just pointed out.

Yes it is. There's lots of similarities which I have pointed out to

you
and others that I haven't.

I haven't seen any post where you mentioned similarities. I've seen
one post where you made an erroneous statement but none where you
mentioned any specific similarities.

Permaculture is not based on Steiner or his theory of

anthroposophy.

'Based' is not the word I should have used. I should have said
influenced.

Nope. I have "Permaculture One" which is the first book produced by
Holmgren and Mollison and it is based on Holmgren's thesis. Steiner
is not mentioned in the bibliography but a well known Australian
farmer and plough designer by the name of P. A. Yeomans is the most
mentioned. Other than him, names you may recognise are Ken Kerns, J.
I. Rodale and Lawrence Hills.

In what is known as the "bible" in Permaculture terms (ie Mollison's
book "Permaculture") the reference section mentions people like
Fukuoka and Sir Albert Howard but again Steiner is not mentioned, nor
does the name appear in the Index..

Farm1 03-10-2006 04:25 PM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message
When I started getting interested in Permaculture, my
family just compared it to biodynamics - because that's what it

is
really.

It isn't. Permaculturists don't bury cow horns full of cow

manure, or
practice planting by the moon or use BD 500, or any of the other
formulas used by those who follow biodynamics

Sorry for the delay - I was away in Danmark and Sweden for a few

days
and it was a fabulous trip.

Yes, permaculture is very close to biodynamics.

Both have a base in organic principles but that is about where the
similarity ends.

I have used planting by
the moon for years, but not entirely rigid to the calendar though.

Also
the philosophy of permies and biodynamics are identical, a holistic

and
spriritual approach to nature and the human being. Both are based on
the research by Steiner

Steiner has had nothing to do with the development of Permaculture.
Permaculture was originally the idea of Australians Holmgren and
Mollison and Bill Mollison and the similarities between Permaculture
and Biodynamics are about as similar Islam and Christianity. Both
have philosophies and dogma telling adherents how they should conduct
their lives but that does not make them identical.

Uncle Marvo 03-10-2006 04:33 PM

Biodynamics

, I, Marvo, say :

Janet Baraclough wrote:
No, it isn't, as Fran just pointed out.

Yes it is. There's lots of similarities which I have pointed out to
you and others that I haven't.

Permaculture is not based on Steiner or his theory of
anthroposophy.

'Based' is not the word I should have used. I should have said
influenced. Explain to me why so many permies that I know, and I know
quite a few, do regard Steiner's research as a positive addition to
the permaculture movement?

You may be forgiven - if I was writing in French I would probably use the
wrong word, quite often. But I would know what I meant :-)

Pc was developed in Australia by Mollison and Holmgren.

Yes, that's right.

It would be hard
to imagine two people less interested in fairies, angels devas, auras
and the occult.

But then again from someone who thinks she knows what people think,
you ought to point out that this is your opinion. My early email
pointed out to many similarities but you have, strangely or perhaps
not, snip it.

JMHO.

La Puce 03-10-2006 04:58 PM

Biodynamics

Farm1 wrote:
I haven't seen any post where you mentioned similarities. I've seen
one post where you made an erroneous statement but none where you
mentioned any specific similarities.

Erroneous statement! Listen to you. Who do you think you are? You
confuse reading books with actually doing something. I've read you on a
few forums, notably alt.permaculture a long while ago - I'm sure you
are devoted to what you're doing, but please do drop the aggression or
I'm not bothering replying to you.

Read my second post in this thread - you will then understand where I'm
coming from. Also lets mention that you are a great pal of Janet and
you will do all you can to be abusive to me. I have made a mistake with
a word - if you were that interested you will have forgiven me. But you
are more interested with having a conflict with me.

Nope. I have "Permaculture One"

Yes, you have a couple of books and I have many projects under my belt,
lots of fantastic contacts with beautiful people across Europe and a
permaculture certificate. When you can talk about what *you* have done,
and what *you* have experienced rather than quote from your books and
references, then I'll talk with you.

La Puce 03-10-2006 05:05 PM

Biodynamics

Uncle Marvo wrote:
You may be forgiven - if I was writing in French I would probably use the
wrong word, quite often. But I would know what I meant :-)

Hello there Uncle! I always mean what I say and never ever regret a
word. If I make a mistake I apologise. If I have made a mistake on
purpose there's usually a smile next to it. I'm really not complicated.
I've been writting a lot of French recently and I'm a bit muddled atm.
Blimey ... these wimmin ... cob webs I tell you ;o)

Sue[_3_] 03-10-2006 10:38 PM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote
Farm1 wrote:
I haven't seen any post where you mentioned similarities. I've seen
one post where you made an erroneous statement but none where you
mentioned any specific similarities.

Erroneous statement! Listen to you. Who do you think you are? You
confuse reading books with actually doing something. I've read you on
a few forums, notably alt.permaculture a long while ago - I'm sure you
are devoted to what you're doing, but please do drop the aggression or
I'm not bothering replying to you.

Farm1 wrote nothing that was either aggressive or abusive - unlike
yourself.

--
Sue

Farm1 04-10-2006 09:57 AM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

I haven't seen any post where you mentioned similarities. I've

seen
one post where you made an erroneous statement but none where you
mentioned any specific similarities.

Erroneous statement! Listen to you. Who do you think you are?

You clearly don't want to admit it but you DID make erroneous
statements. And you have been told this by 3 people.

Biodynamics is based on the work of Steiner: Permaculture is not.
And since you ask (in what many people would consider to be an
offensive manner) "who I think I am", then I'll tell you that I think,
and know, that I am someone who knows the difference between
Biodynamics and Permaculture. Both have an organic focus but
Permaculture is not based on the work of Steiner and nor do
Permaculturalists rely on the various Formula 500-508 and other
techniques that the Biodynamics adherants do.

You
confuse reading books with actually doing something.

I thought that explaining to you in a manner that would enable you to
check on what I say might help you to clear up your misunderstanding.
I can see now that I was wrong to try to give you facts. You have a
particular view and being given the facts and thus being able to check
them doesn't appear to matter to you.

I've read you on a
few forums, notably alt.permaculture a long while ago - I'm sure you
are devoted to what you're doing, but please do drop the aggression

or
I'm not bothering replying to you.

I have also read you here. I've also read you when you very nastily
chose to stalk Janet into another ng where she posted. You have acted
offensively, aggressively and very nastily in other places. A real
case of pot, kettle black.

Read my second post in this thread - you will then understand where

I'm
coming from. Also lets mention that you are a great pal of Janet and
you will do all you can to be abusive to me.

Janet and I have posted in a number of differing ngs for years. I've
found her to be straight down the line. No dissembling or lying.

If I recall correctly, you were treated aggressively and abusively by
all decent and normal residents of that other newsgroup when you
deliberately and nastily chose to stalk Janet. I consider it ill
manners at the very least to stalk anyone either in the flesh or by
way of the internet. Such behaviour deserves a certain amount of
aggression in response as that is the only mechanism open in this
la-la land of the ether. It's the only form of moderation of
appalling behaviour that is available.

You made the choice to stalk someone and got what you deserve.

I have made a mistake with
a word - if you were that interested you will have forgiven me. But

you
are more interested with having a conflict with me.

You didn't merely make a mistake with a word. You made erroneous
statements. You may not have understood or been confused but if given
facts in a response and you can then check those facts for yourself
and you see this as aggression, then so be it.

Nope. I have "Permaculture One"

Yes, you have a couple of books and I have many projects under my

belt,
lots of fantastic contacts with beautiful people across Europe and a
permaculture certificate. When you can talk about what *you* have

done,
and what *you* have experienced rather than quote from your books

and
references, then I'll talk with you.

Well that excuse saves you from having to check your understanding of
the topic but it doesn't enhance your reputation for being accurate or
correct.

La Puce 04-10-2006 10:42 AM

Biodynamics

Sue wrote:
Farm1 wrote nothing that was either aggressive or abusive - unlike
yourself.

And you always seem to pop in for an argument. Where have I been
abusive to Farm1? I recall her being very abusive to me in February to
defend her mate, as she always does, and trying for another go. That's
what I am seeing. Keep out of it Sue. You are invivted to Sacha's tea
party - don't worry - so let me be.

La Puce 04-10-2006 10:49 AM

Biodynamics

Janet Baraclough wrote:
(rubbish as usual)

I don't remember you replying to my post about Irvine Bay. You are
always there to contradict people, even the job that they have, their
feelings, experience - you just don't beleive them, feeling secured
behind your screen, but when it comes to facing facts you are not too
clever.

I'll be in Irvine Bay on the 2nd November at the Big Idea. That's your
district isn't it. Let's see if you have the guts to actually face the
people who you tear apart on the net. Lets see once and for all if you
can face me, face my colleagues, my husband, my work and lets bring
proof about who I am, you who called me a troll within 2 posts.

Then Janet, you can say what you want - you will have reasons to do.

Farm1 04-10-2006 10:49 AM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
Sue wrote:
Farm1 wrote nothing that was either aggressive or abusive - unlike
yourself.

And you always seem to pop in for an argument. Where have I been
abusive to Farm1? I recall her being very abusive to me in February

defend her mate,

Was it in February when you went stalking Janet? If it was in
February, then I probably was abusive, but then I don't like stalkers.

I'll be abusive to anyone who stalks ANYONE and especially if they
deliberately come as an abusive and nasty stranger into a newsgroup
where the person being stalked has been a long term, well known
poster.

Either way, whether I was abusive in another forum or not, it is
irrelevant to this topic . It does not change the fact that you made
erroneous statements here and are not prepared to take note that there
are 3 other people who disagree with your erroneous statements.

Uncle Marvo 04-10-2006 11:04 AM

Biodynamics

, I, Marvo, say :

Janet Baraclough wrote:
(rubbish as usual)

I don't remember you replying to my post about Irvine Bay. You are
always there to contradict people, even the job that they have, their
feelings, experience - you just don't beleive them, feeling secured
behind your screen, but when it comes to facing facts you are not too
clever.

I'll be in Irvine Bay on the 2nd November at the Big Idea. That's your
district isn't it. Let's see if you have the guts to actually face the
people who you tear apart on the net. Lets see once and for all if you
can face me, face my colleagues, my husband, my work and lets bring
proof about who I am, you who called me a troll within 2 posts.

Then Janet, you can say what you want - you will have reasons to do.

Where is Irvine Bay?

La Puce 04-10-2006 11:25 AM

Biodynamics

Farm1 wrote:
You clearly don't want to admit it but you DID make erroneous
statements. And you have been told this by 3 people.

Yes, and who are these 3 people but the same ones who go on at me at
every opportunity? Is it a crime to say the wrong word? I have said
that I shouldn't have used the word 'based'. Why do you persist on
going on and on about it? Even Uncle pointed out that I had put the
wrong word. What do you want me to say?

Both have an organic focus but

Yes, and that was solely my point. I had also said this to you but you
said you didn't see my post. But it seems that you now have. So perhaps
you ought to apologise?

Permaculture is not based on the work of Steiner and nor do
Permaculturalists rely on the various Formula 500-508 and other
techniques that the Biodynamics adherants do.

No they don't indeed. I have however pointed out to other similarities.
The work I did in the permaculture trust in Middlewood Lancaster run a
Steiner school since the 60s. This I have seen and it is not the first
time that I see Steiner being close to permaculture and biodynamics -
because of the ecological similaries. I'm young and excited about all
this - and when it comes up I get involved. In France we call
biodynamics 'ecology' and we call permaculture 'ecology' because at the
root of it all that's what it is and these was my first words in my
first post on this thread.

I thought that explaining to you in a manner that would enable you to
check on what I say might help you to clear up your misunderstanding.

Thank you for 'helping me clear up my understanding'. I don't feel that
I don't understand. Quoting book's references when I am discussing
actual experiences in permaculture trust, projects and events is not
'helping me' but rather is trying to undermind once again what I know
and experience. But thanks again.

I have also read you here. I've also read you when you very nastily
chose to stalk Janet into another ng where she posted.

Thank you. This is very much what I wanted you to come to it. You are
having a go at me precisely because of this and not because of the
subject at hand. I knew that you had ulterior motives. It was also
pointed out to you on the other ng that if people resorts to having to
'stalk' another poster it's because they are angry.

You can go back to your books now.

La Puce 04-10-2006 11:27 AM

Biodynamics

Farm1 wrote:
Was it in February when you went stalking Janet? If it was in
February, then I probably was abusive, but then I don't like stalkers.

Go away back to the farm ng, we don't need another abusive person here.

Uncle Marvo 04-10-2006 11:36 AM

Biodynamics

, I, Marvo, say :

"La Puce" wrote in message
Sue wrote:
Farm1 wrote nothing that was either aggressive or abusive - unlike
yourself.

And you always seem to pop in for an argument. Where have I been
abusive to Farm1? I recall her being very abusive to me in February
to defend her mate,

Was it in February when you went stalking Janet? If it was in
February, then I probably was abusive, but then I don't like stalkers.

I tried stalking La Puce, but I was a week out :-)

La Puce 04-10-2006 11:45 AM

Biodynamics

Sacha wrote:
I did not ask you to drag in my name to yet another of your harangues. As
I know little about either subject I have nothing useful to contribute.
However,

I am sorry about this. I thought you had brought up the thread ...
Still, I didn't wish to drag you in anything. A simple 'don't drag me'
would however be sufficient. You don't need, yet again, drag the
conflict even deeper.

Sacha[_1_] 04-10-2006 11:46 AM

Biodynamics

On 4/10/06 10:42, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sue wrote:
Farm1 wrote nothing that was either aggressive or abusive - unlike
yourself.

And you always seem to pop in for an argument. Where have I been
abusive to Farm1? I recall her being very abusive to me in February to
defend her mate, as she always does, and trying for another go. That's
what I am seeing. Keep out of it Sue. You are invivted to Sacha's tea
party - don't worry - so let me be.

I did not ask you to drag in my name to yet another of your harangues. As
I know little about either subject I have nothing useful to contribute.
However, as you have chosen to involve me in more of your foolish
self-exposure, I will say that you have shown yet again, that when proven
wrong by people who know more than you do, you absolutely cannot and will
not accept the breadth and depth of their knowledge versus your extremely
precarious toehold in any given subject.
You are indeed a stalker and a spiteful liar.
Take your lying, harassing bullying ways elsewhere.

Sacha[_1_] 04-10-2006 12:15 PM

Biodynamics

On 4/10/06 11:45, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
I did not ask you to drag in my name to yet another of your harangues. As
I know little about either subject I have nothing useful to contribute.
However,

I am sorry about this. I thought you had brought up the thread ...
Still, I didn't wish to drag you in anything. A simple 'don't drag me'
would however be sufficient. You don't need, yet again, drag the
conflict even deeper.

I answered someone else's query with a pointer to a wine grower in Provence.
I did NOT enter into the discussion about your information and nor did I
raise the matter of an urg meet in this thread.
If you use me or my name to pick fights with other people, you may be sure
you will be treated in kind.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 04-10-2006 01:08 PM

Biodynamics

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"La Puce" wrote in message
Sue wrote:
[...]

You may assume 4 people, actually it is probably several dozen people but
most folk don't really bother with Puce type stuff because it is invariably
wrong. Newbies beware- Puce comes with a Health warning.

La Puce 04-10-2006 02:19 PM

Biodynamics

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
You may assume 4 people, actually it is probably several dozen people but
most folk don't really bother with Puce type stuff because it is invariably
wrong. Newbies beware- Puce comes with a Health warning.

That is so unfair, untrue and an horrible thing to say.

Sacha didn't answer a query. We were talking about gardening by the
moon, which I do, which I've described and discussed with others on
another thread and it was pleasant and fun, but rather than joining in
the conversation she started another thread on the same topic.

I am indeed sorry to have brought her into this thread - but to say
that all I say is wrong is really unfair. It is indeed strange that
when I'm right, for example giving the thread about apple disease, I
had got a few posts saying that it was rather strange because they're
books didn't say so. As soon as Des agreed with me, nobody responded.
And this has happened many time.

We all have different ways of doing things and from the start some of
you have given me grief because I perhaps don't describe as well as
some of you, given that english is my second language. Though I have
never left this bother me. I know what I mean ( ref. Uncle). I've
responded accordingly - defended my position when needed - made some
friends and infuriated others. But it's irrelevant now.

I've had enough so good bye.

Mike 04-10-2006 02:37 PM

uk.rec.gardening.moderated

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

I've had enough so good bye.

I bet the net nannies and 'owners' are happy now :-((

Why don't you start a uk.rec.gardening.moderated so you can have "COMPLETE"
control?

Just think, no nasty people to say things YOU don't want to hear :-(((

Mike

Mike 04-10-2006 02:42 PM

uk.rec.gardening.moderated

"Sacha" wrote in message

On 4/10/06 11:45, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
[...]

Certainly needed to keep the nasties out.

uk.rec.gardening.moderated

Janet Baraclough 04-10-2006 05:45 PM

Biodynamics

The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

Bill[_6_] 04-10-2006 05:52 PM

uk.rec.gardening.moderated

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:42:09 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Certainly needed to keep the nasties out.

uk.rec.gardening.moderated

Does anyone actually know how to start a moderated group?

[email protected] 04-10-2006 06:29 PM

uk.rec.gardening.moderated

Bill wrote:
Does anyone actually know how to start a moderated group?

It is hardly different from starting a normal one:
http://www.usenet.org.uk/guidelines.html#guidelines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgro...ted_newsgroups

Sue[_3_] 04-10-2006 07:09 PM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote
Sue wrote:
Farm1 wrote nothing that was either aggressive or abusive - unlike
yourself.

And you always seem to pop in for an argument.

You're arguing; I was commenting on your twisting of thefacts, as you
were maligning another poster.

Where have I been abusive to Farm1?

In the post I replied to.

I recall her being very abusive to me in February to defend her mate,
as she always does, and trying for another go. That's what I am
seeing.

And I recall you were the one following someone around Usenet in order
to insult them. The thread is archived. If you got singed it was you who
lit the fire.

Keep out of it Sue.

Hard luck. This is a public newsgroup and you don't get a veto on who
comments. I've read URG for a long time and if you cry victim, putting a
twisted spin on someone else's words yet again, then I have the right to
contradict you.

The way you've behaved here from the outset is a matter of record, and
your version of events here and elsewhere just doesn't wash.

--
Sue

Mike 04-10-2006 07:13 PM

Biodynamics

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

I've read URG for a long time --
Sue

Someone else wanting uk.rec.gardening.moderated in order to keep the nasties
out?

I think so

Mike

Sue[_3_] 04-10-2006 07:31 PM

Biodynamics

"Mike" wrote
Someone else wanting uk.rec.gardening.moderated in order to keep the
nasties out?

I think so

You think wrong - as usual.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 04-10-2006 07:45 PM

Biodynamics

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Mike" wrote
Someone else wanting uk.rec.gardening.moderated in order to keep the
nasties out?

I think so

You think wrong - as usual.

Sue please don't be too hard on him /Puce. All groups need the odd buffoons
to keep folk on their toes :-)

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 04-10-2006 07:52 PM

Biodynamics

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Mike" wrote

La Puce 04-10-2006 08:20 PM

Biodynamics

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Mike" wrote
Someone else wanting uk.rec.gardening.moderated in order to keep the
nasties out?

I think so

You think wrong - as usual.

Sue please don't be too hard on him /Puce. All groups need the odd buffoons
to keep folk on their toes :-)

From the buffon who wrote his post twice? I'll keep you on your toes,

Craig, or should I say Ed ... perhaps you could bring Sue to visit
alt.sex.stories huh?! I'm sure she'd like to see the double or triple
life you have. You're disgusting.

K 04-10-2006 09:29 PM

Biodynamics

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

You may assume 4 people, actually it is probably several dozen people but
most folk don't really bother with Puce type stuff because it is invariably
wrong. Newbies beware- Puce comes with a Health warning.

In fact, be aware generally that some of us kill file people whose posts
we find do not justify the time spent reading them, so silence does not
imply agreement with what is posted

--
Kay

Farm1 05-10-2006 08:04 AM

Biodynamics

"La Puce" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
You clearly don't want to admit it but you DID make erroneous
statements. And you have been told this by 3 people.

Yes, and who are these 3 people but the same ones who go on at me at
every opportunity? Is it a crime to say the wrong word? I have said
that I shouldn't have used the word 'based'. Why do you persist on
going on and on about it?

Sorry but that excuse doesn't wash. After saying that you shouldn't
have used the word "based" you then said you should have said
"influenced" by Steiner and Steiner was not an influence. Odum was.
P.A. Yeomans was also and Ken Kern.

Even Uncle pointed out that I had put the
wrong word. What do you want me to say?

I would like you to stop blaming, or dragging in, everyone but
yourself. Be responsible for what you write: be accurate and don't
lie to excuse yourself.

Both have an organic focus but

Yes, and that was solely my point. I had also said this to you but

you
said you didn't see my post. But it seems that you now have. So

perhaps
you ought to apologise?

You never "said" any such thing! You have never even mentioned the
word "organic" in this thread. Perhaps you should apologise for
continually changing your story?

[...]

I can understand you being young and excited about something but that
does not excuse a lack of accuracy when called to account for making
wrong statements and continuing to compound on those wrong statements.

I thought that explaining to you in a manner that would enable you

check on what I say might help you to clear up your

misunderstanding.

Thank you for 'helping me clear up my understanding'. I don't feel

that
I don't understand. Quoting book's references when I am discussing
actual experiences in permaculture trust, projects and events is not
'helping me'

That's a pity. If you actually went away and did some research then
you might sound like you know what you are talking about. At the
moment you sound like you haven't a clue.

I have also read you here. I've also read you when you very

nastily
chose to stalk Janet into another ng where she posted.

Thank you. This is very much what I wanted you to come to it. You

are
having a go at me precisely because of this and not because of the
subject at hand. I knew that you had ulterior motives.

My ulterior motive and why I am having a "go" at you, is that you are
wrong on this subject and keep making wrong statements but worst of
all, you then make up lies to excuse your comments. You can't say
that you chose to use the wrong word in choosing "based" on Steiner,
when you simply changed the word to "influenced" by Steiner. Steiner
isn't part of the "base" or "influence" on Permaculture.

It was also
pointed out to you on the other ng that if people resorts to having

'stalk' another poster it's because they are angry.

If you are/were angry at Janet then that is your problem and you
should have taken it up with her in whichever forum where you first
got angry. Other readers on the forum can act as arbiters and how
they react to your anger might just let you know if your anger is
reasonable or if you are merely being a pillock. Going stalking to
another forum where there is already an established community is not
aceptable for a number of reasons. You got jumped on and deservedly
so and no doubt that just fed your anger.

You can go back to your books now.

Pity you don't appreciate books. They may be able to teach you
something, but I'm not confident of that.