Old 20-10-2006, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberry - blowing thereof

"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in message

As the originator of the post Raspberries and a very infrequent visitor

the newsgroup, I have been horrified by the slanging and bitching that has
taken place, particular when so few subscribers appear to object.

So having thirty people arguing and sticking their oar in, is
preferable to having just four people arguing then is it ?

It's juvenile, brainless and it's about time that the adversaries
grew up.

Alistair

Indeed.

Ideally there should be now wars either. That much seems to be
generally agreed.

Whereas at least on Usenet, there aren't hundreds or thousands
of innocent men, women, and children being killed on a daily basis

Might I humbly suggest that you direct your heartfelt concerns
towards areas in life which are far more deserving of such
attention ?

michael adams

michael adams

Old 20-10-2006, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Just my opinion mate. Don't let it upset you, and no preaching please.
Alistair

Old 20-10-2006, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in message

Just my opinion mate. Don't let it upset you,

Eh ?

"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in message

" I have been horrified by the slanging and bitching that has
taken place "

and no preaching please.

"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in message

"It's juvenile, brainless and it's about time that the adversaries grew up."

Pot, kettle, black. ²

michael adams

Alistair

Old 20-10-2006, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mike
writes

Snip

Mike
The truth will prevail

Mike, I am a long term user of urg (learning a great deal from some very
knowledgeable contributors and making the occasional contribution) since
the early days of this newsgroup. I tend to stay out of flame wars and
bickering on usenet and have found the recent constant bickering
unedifying to put it mildly, however, just this once I am going to treat
myself.
Please be a good fellow and stop this pathetically childish flaming -
you have become a troll with absolutely no redeeming features and an
interminable bore.

Many thanks

--
Robert
Old 20-10-2006, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robert" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes

Snip

Mike
The truth will prevail

Mike, I am a long term user of urg (learning a great deal from some very
knowledgeable contributors and making the occasional contribution) since
the early days of this newsgroup. I tend to stay out of flame wars and
bickering on usenet and have found the recent constant bickering
unedifying to put it mildly, however, just this once I am going to treat
myself.
Please be a good fellow and stop this pathetically childish flaming - you
have become a troll with absolutely no redeeming features and an
interminable bore.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I doubt he will take any notice, because he
loves the attention he gets from being a bore.

Alan

Many thanks

--
Robert

Old 20-10-2006, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"michael adams" wrote in message
"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in

message

As the originator of the post Raspberries and a very infrequent

visitor
the newsgroup, I have been horrified by the slanging and bitching

that has
taken place, particular when so few subscribers appear to object.

So having thirty people arguing and sticking their oar in, is
preferable to having just four people arguing then is it ?

It's juvenile, brainless and it's about time that the adversaries
grew up.

Alistair

Indeed.

Ideally there should be now wars either. That much seems to be
generally agreed.

Whereas at least on Usenet, there aren't hundreds or thousands
of innocent men, women, and children being killed on a daily basis

This example of the outcome of anger that can arise by cyberspace
exchanges appearred in another ng I follow:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/6059726.stm

Old 21-10-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alistair Macdonald" wrote in
message ...
As the originator of the post Raspberries and a very infrequent
visitor to the newsgroup, I have been horrified by the slanging and
bitching that has taken place, particular when so few subscribers
appear to object.
It's juvenile, brainless and it's about time that the adversaries
grew up.
Alistair

It's not that we don't object - there's just no point in feeding them
by weighing in. Use whatever filtering and killfile facilities you
have on your newsreader and you'll find a few survivors in here
amongst the wreckage - we can get it back ;-)
--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp

Old 21-10-2006, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Alistair Macdonald
writes
As the originator of the post Raspberries and a very infrequent visitor to
the newsgroup, I have been horrified by the slanging and bitching that has
taken place, particular when so few subscribers appear to object.
It's juvenile, brainless and it's about time that the adversaries grew up.
Alistair

Alistair, many of us had kill filed either the posters that cause the
trouble or possibly hadn't opened up the thread as they felt it wasn't
their area of interest.
Many of us have been appalled that something such as this was going on
and we had no idea!
Many of us don't bother to object, we just killfile, avoid or sadly,
leave the newsgroup.

Do keep reading and posting other threads. We do have some very helpful
and knowledgeable people here.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 21-10-2006, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Do keep reading and posting other threads. We do have some very helpful
and knowledgeable people here.

Janet
--

Thanks Janet
as a new poster I have been at the receiving end of one of the