Old 28-10-2006, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jt jt is offline

Default Veg garden in S France

Is there anyone out there who would like to exchange notes on vegetable gardening in S. France?
This year I have started a garden in the Ariege, about 60 km south of Toulouse, bringing out from the UK my prejudices, a bundle of raspberry plants, packets of runner bean seeds and seakale root cuttings.
Would like to benefit from the experiences of others, who have found out the hard way what will or will not succeed here.

jt

Old 29-10-2006, 05:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jt" wrote in message
.. .
Is there anyone out there who would like to exchange notes on vegetable
gardening in S. France?
This year I have started a garden in the Ariege, about 60 km south of
Toulouse, bringing out from the UK my prejudices, a bundle of raspberry
plants, packets of runner bean seeds and seakale root cuttings.
Would like to benefit from the experiences of others, who have found out
the hard way what will or will not succeed here.
jt

I hope to have a garden on limestone in de Dordogne, but as yet am still in
Holland.

You might like to look in on a few forums about France:

http://aquitaine.angloinfo.com/forum/default.asp
http://www.expatica.com/actual/toc.asp?subchannel_id=25
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/
http://www.frenchentree.com/france-dordogne/

HTH, Jenny

Old 29-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered User

Location: south west france

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
Is there anyone out there who would like to exchange notes on vegetable gardening in S. France?
jt

Hi,

I'm in south west France - so not too far climate-wise. Can't offer lots of expert advice, but have just enough experience to share some disasters and a few successes. Would be great to be in touch with other gardeners over here.

jay jay
Old 29-10-2006, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jay jay" wrote in message

jt Wrote:
Is there anyone out there who would like to exchange notes on vegetable
gardening in S. France?
jt

Hi,
I'm in south west France - so not too far climate-wise. Can't offer
lots of expert advice, but have just enough experience to share some
disasters and a few successes. Would be great to be in touch with
other gardeners over here.
jay jay

Whereabouts are you jay jay??
We will be near les Eyzies.........
Jenny

Old 29-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered User

Location: south west france

Hi Jenny

we're half hour/s drive south east of Bergerac - when are you moving over?

Old 31-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered User

Location: south west france

Done that - did it arrive - I really should make a proper effort to be a grown up URGler - each time I try though something goes wrong and I'm back to Bantering...... sigh ....