Old 04-11-2006, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default help identify this plant.

We have inherited this plant from a family friend but have no idea what it
is and how to care for it.

Ive looked in all my plant books but as yet cant find it.....Anyone
recognise it?

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4346187

Thanks

Old 04-11-2006, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.uk...
We have inherited this plant from a family friend but have no idea what
it is and how to care for it.

Ive looked in all my plant books but as yet cant find it.....Anyone
recognise it?

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4346187

Thanks

Definitely an Oxalis

Possible this one ?
http://www.hardyexotics.co.uk/hardye...ps/o494pop.htm
http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswik...s_Purpurea.jpg

More...
http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pb...dex.php/Oxalis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxalis

I'd bring it inside over the winter, as I'm not sure they are up to frost.
Jenny

Old 04-11-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Cheryl
writes
We have inherited this plant from a family friend but have no idea what it
is and how to care for it.

Ive looked in all my plant books but as yet cant find it.....Anyone
recognise it?

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4346187

Thanks

It's an Oxalis. Perhaps Oxalis triangularis purpurea.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 04-11-2006, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 4, 3:56 pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
Thanks Jenny
thats a great help!

"JennyC" wrote in ...

o.uk...

http://pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswik...is_triangulari...

More...
http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pb...dex.php/Oxalis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxalis

I'd bring it inside over the winter, as I'm not sure they are up to frost.
Jenny- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

They may well survive a winter outside, I had one that reappeared for
many years left outside in the ground, depends on where you are and how
much frost you get this winter. Wont survive in a pot though, if it's
in a pot you need to bring it in.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Cheryl writes
We have inherited this plant from a family friend but have no idea
what it
is and how to care for it.

It's an Oxalis. Perhaps Oxalis triangularis purpurea.
--

That looks about right, as Jenny says not 100% hardy in UK. Also
susceptible to a very damaging rust disease.

--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp