Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2006, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Upgrading a John Deere LTR180 Garden Tractor

Sorry if this is off topic, it's not that far off though!

I manage about 2 acres of garden and a 12 acre field with a John Deere
LTR180 lawn tractor, 17hp, 42" cut with a nice little trailer - I like it,
it's good at what it was designed to do.

But I'd like a flail mower, a rotavator and a blade to flatten the soil
however because my tractor doesn't have a PTO or a 3 point hitch my choice
is very limited.

Before I upgrade to a more expensive machine it occured to me somebody must
have been through this problem before - did you buy bits to upgrade /
customise your small John Deere or think it through, explore lots of avenues
and finally have to go shopping for a new tractor?

If so which did you look at? I have a nasty suspicion I'm crossing from
tightly priced domestic into expensive industrial but the choice of
attachments on AVANT www.avanttecno.comand and Valpadana www.valpadana.it
look interesting!

Thanks
Richard

John Deere Lawn Tractor Ray Lawns 22 26-02-2004 03:51 PM
John Deere 140 Tractor Is it worth it? Adam Gardening 1 23-02-2004 08:16 PM
Problem with John Deere lawn tractor [email protected] Lawns 0 01-04-2003 08:44 PM