Old 20-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Registered User

Default Help!!! pyracantha

Help! My pyracantha that i purchased a few months ago was damaged by high winds and the stem has completely broke in two. Can it be saved or should i say goodbye to my prize plant? Plz help.
Old 20-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgvic
Help! My pyracantha that i purchased a few months ago was damaged by high winds and the stem has completely broke in two. Can it be saved or should i say goodbye to my prize plant? Plz help.
Pyracantha are tough stuff: without seeing it, I'd suggest just trimming off the damaged part, even it is very low down.

I've grown them as 3' high espaliers, which is about as severe as you can get, and they simply flourish - they're one of those strange plants that flowers more, the more you prune it back.
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales