Old 20-11-2006, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Shed preserving

Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk

Old 20-11-2006, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baal
writes
Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

You need to wait until the wood is dry. If it is not rotten, you can
use something like Cuprinol, which I have used for years. Comes in
several colours as well.
--
June Hughes
Old 20-11-2006, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:58:00 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Baal
writes
Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

You need to wait until the wood is dry. If it is not rotten, you can
use something like Cuprinol, which I have used for years. Comes in
several colours as well.

Cuprinol works very well, despite Which? once giving it the thumbs down.

I'm a bit fed-up with Which. It isn't what it was. Have already
cancelled Gardening Which and am seriously thinking of cancelling the
main sub.
--
June Hughes
Old 20-11-2006, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baal" wrote:
Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?
---

You should see the inside of my shed, there's hardly any room to step in
what with all the clutter. Every once in a while I have a grand clean out,
but it quickly returns to the usual shambolic mess. The strange thing is
that I know where everything is. I always slap more preservative on the
outside early spring.

MikeCT

Old 20-11-2006, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:09:03 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:58:00 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Baal
writes
Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

You need to wait until the wood is dry. If it is not rotten, you can
use something like Cuprinol, which I have used for years. Comes in
several colours as well.

Cuprinol works very well, despite Which? once giving it the thumbs down.

I'm a bit fed-up with Which. It isn't what it was. Have already
cancelled Gardening Which and am seriously thinking of cancelling the
main sub.

I felt much better after I cancelled the whole lot.

We have got to the stage where no-one reads it and it sits in the
bathroom for months before being discarded. Didn't we discuss this here
a few weeks ago?
--
June Hughes

Old 20-11-2006, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?

It is indeed best done in the spring when drying conditions are more
favourable, however depending on how bad it is a treatment now can only help
preserve the wood. I had good results with an el cheapo wood preserver
bought from Lidl, in fact my son commented that he thought I had bought a
new shed. One advantage of using the more expensive products like Cuprinol
is that they can be applied with a garden sprayer now that really does speed
the job up.

Mike (the new boy)

Old 20-11-2006, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks to you all.

Having just rotovated the site I am frustrated by the timing. Why can't it
be Spring? :-(

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk
om...

Old 20-11-2006, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baal" wrote in message
.. .
Just got an allotment and the shed needs tidying up. When is the latest I
can attempt this? Should I wait for the Spring?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way
Baal

LOL - I thought you meant the INSIDE............:
http://users.aber.ac.uk/iri/SHEDS/PI.../contents2.jpg

Jenny :~))

Old 20-11-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Shed ??? Thats my garage and attic ??