Old 02-12-2006, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 2nd Dec and still picking Rasperries...

This is def. the latest I've been able to pick Autumn fruiting rasperries
in the last 18 years. My previous latest was mid/latish Nov. New flowers
still being produced too.

While I've got used to hardly any frosts until Dec/Jan over the last few
years, this year seems to have been exceptionally mild. Fresh raspberries
from the garden, 7 months out of 12!

Old 02-12-2006, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 21:29:52 +0000 (UTC), Jim Jackson wrote:

This is def. the latest I've been able to pick Autumn fruiting rasperries
in the last 18 years. My previous latest was mid/latish Nov. New flowers
still being produced too.

Yep - same here :-)

Picking some each day although not many - just nice to eat the few each day
:-)
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 02-12-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Still picking raspberries here in Dublin.
The primroses (primula vulgaris) have started to flower.
The lawn has also put on a new spurt of growth, after I cleaned up the
mower and put it into storage for the winter !

Old 03-12-2006, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jim Jackson" wrote in message

This is def. the latest I've been able to pick Autumn fruiting rasperries
in the last 18 years. My previous latest was mid/latish Nov. New flowers
still being produced too.

While I've got used to hardly any frosts until Dec/Jan over the last few
years, this year seems to have been exceptionally mild. Fresh raspberries
from the garden, 7 months out of 12!

We saw blackberries flowering while out walking last week !
Jenny

Old 05-12-2006, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JennyC wrote:
We saw blackberries flowering while out walking last week !

Yesterday evening I went with my neighbour to her lotty to take a look
at her compost there. She wasn't sure about doing it properly. She is
at the top at the angle with the road so her plot's well lit there - I
wouldn't like it though. Anyway, all her strawberries's runners were
all blossoming - little pink flowers variety, just lovely but so so
wrong!

Her compost's doing fine though )

Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
The winter gales plays hell with my ones aim in ZH.

Well I went to check mine because I became worried. All is fine on my
plot - and the pond is full, which is perhaps the only time it has been
since we've built it. Picked 3 bag full of sorrell and spinash. Onions
aren't waving at me from puddles, leeks are fat and happy.

The temperature seems to have stuck in Zuid Holland. It was 14C at 01:00
and it is still 14C at 16:28.

AAAaaarrgghh ... I'm soaked here. Tomorrow I'm on my way to Scotland
west coast till Sunday touring towns in our routemaster - pray for me
..... ;o)

Still picking Dave Hill United Kingdom 6 31-10-2007 04:29 PM
Still picking runner beans Trevor United Kingdom 0 17-11-2005 07:56 AM
Oliver Lucanus at Silicon Valley Aquarium Society Dec 6 Dave Millman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 26-11-2003 08:12 PM
PetHobbyist Chat Week Dec 8-14; Aquarium Chats Tonight Therese Kopiwoda Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:14 AM
BBC2 Horizon 19-Dec-2002: The Secret of El Dorado -- Terra Preta Neil Trotter United Kingdom 4 22-12-2002 05:30 PM