Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Registered User

Default Everygreen Shrubs

I have a large number of trees at the rear of my garden and nothing has really grown underneath them other than ivy which has covered the ground.

I would like some advice on what kind of shrubs I can grow the area is half sun and shade and trees above. Looking for evergreen shrubs that will grow quiet fast and reach about 7 - 10 meters high ?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

news

--
Dazzamancs

I would like to point out that several fine Cornish gardens have been all
but destroyed by the following suggestions so be careful!

Cherry Laurel
Acuba, the spotty leaved and plain leaved sorts
Rhododendron ponticum.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

[...]

What about a mixture of variuos holly, evergreen variegated leaves,winter
berrys so birds love them.Can be trained to shape ,can be used for xmas
decorations.

Cheers Keith

Help! I wat to grow an everygreen climber - any suggestions? rflook Gardening 3 25-07-2007 05:58 PM
Everygreen Shrubs Dazzamancs Gardening 0 07-12-2006 10:38 AM
How to Tell if Plants & Shrubs are Dying Billy Gardening 0 08-10-2003 08:42 PM
Ideas for flowering shrubs Neil Gardening 2 05-06-2003 07:32 PM
Interweaving Shrubs....? andrewpreece United Kingdom 4 04-06-2003 09:20 PM