Old 15-12-2006, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yamato cucumber seed ?

Yamato (sp?) cucumber,
gave us very good results outdoors in the soutwest some years ago.

I have not seen the seed listed for a long time,
looking ahead, roll on the spring, anyone know where it may be
obtained,
or has it been mutated into another similar variety ??

thanks.

Old 15-12-2006, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

WaltA wrote:
Yamato (sp?) cucumber,
gave us very good results outdoors in the soutwest some years ago.
I have not seen the seed listed for a long time,
looking ahead, roll on the spring, anyone know where it may be
obtained,
or has it been mutated into another similar variety ??

I've found this.
http://www.eseeds.com/c-2264-cucumis...ng-yamato.aspx

Why do you like these? I do burpless (organic) - though they went a bit
yellow and round this year (they got thirsty I think while I was on
hols), and they still made us burp ...

Old 16-12-2006, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15 Dec 2006 14:54:35 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:
I've found this.
http://www.eseeds.com/c-2264-cucumis...ng-yamato.aspx

Nice find, thank you, well done
Have you used that site yourself ?

Why do you like these?

because they "gave us very good results outdoors in the soutwest some
years ago." :-))
I have grown allsorts of cucumber over the years, including
'curiosity' ones like the small yellow globular and elliptical ones (
I forget the names) from the HDRA heritage etc and also the usual
ridge outdoor types

And these yamato were one of the good ones.
Prolific (very!), good size and shape, not prone to going 'overblown'
and seedy, not hairy/bristly, no disease or bug problems, dunno what
more I can say, I liked em and then they vanished from the usual cats.

Old 17-12-2006, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

WaltA wrote:
Nice find, thank you, well done
Have you used that site yourself ?

My pleasure. No I've never used this site.

Why do you like these?

because they "gave us very good results outdoors in the soutwest some
years ago." :-))

(snip) Maybe I'll have a go (I like a challenge) and I will call my
first lil' one Walt )