Old 23-01-2007, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Devon Beach (Free Pampers & BMWs)

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 11:01, in article ,
"The Reid" wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:12:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

If it's illegal, as is reported, why are the police merely handing
out forms to be filled in and returned, telling them where the
'salvaged'
goods have gone? The whole thing is utterly bizarre - why not just
close
off the beach until the shipping company's salvage people move in?

one container had the personal effects of a Swedish couple moving to
SA, nice.

Oh, that was *awful*. A report said people were seen moving off with
family
portraits and obviously personal household effects and there were
photographs lying around on the beach, showing that young couple.
I wonder if the enquiry will show that ship to have been overloaded for
the
conditions. I know there's a large chunk of metal hanging underneath but
it
looked very top heavy to the untrained eye.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Container ships always appear to be overloaded so I guess that this ship
was OK. I have listened to a few of the Maritime lawyers on the box and the
taking of stuff from a beach, which originates from a ship, is clear-cut. I
won't bore you with my interpretation as I am sure it will be well covered
this evening.