GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   urg meet (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/154450-urg-meet.html)

Sacha 24-02-2007 11:55 AM

urg meet

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

For those who'd like to come here, we have room in the car park for a couple
or three caravans, as those who have been before will know; lunch is on us
and the evenings are, as tour directors say, 'at liberty'. ;-) There are
several good b&bs in and around this village and a very little further
afield and there is plenty to see and do in the area generally. Our local
pub is very good and there are other and excellent ones around here, too. If
anyone who hopes to come wants to know about local accommodation, let me
know.
I've been in contact with Cormaic and they're going to try to make it if
they can.
Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.
If you would like to join us, please email me or let me know here and if
anyone has any food allergies, please nudge me nearer the time. I'll post a
reminder a bit later, too.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

[email protected] 24-02-2007 12:34 PM

urg meet

On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I want to come and I will look into a cheap flight to you. If you
look at my web page, you will see that I have committments around and
after the 7th but that won't put me off flying in for a night. What's
your nearest airport and if I come, can you pick me up from the
airport if it's not too far away. If it is, I will hire a car.

Judith at home

Sacha 24-02-2007 12:43 PM

urg meet

On 24/2/07 12:34, in article
,
" wrote:

On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I want to come and I will look into a cheap flight to you. If you
look at my web page, you will see that I have committments around and
after the 7th but that won't put me off flying in for a night. What's
your nearest airport and if I come, can you pick me up from the
airport if it's not too far away. If it is, I will hire a car.

Judith at home

Lovely! Our nearest airports are Plymouth and Exeter and we're equidistant
from them. Fly down on the Friday night, if you'd like to. The nearest
station is Totnes or Newton Abbot, though I know you won't want to come by
train! Of course one of us will pick you up and both airports are about 30
minutes away. I've ear marked the spare rooms for you and Cormaic & Mrs
Taz. I'm afraid you'll have to share a bathroom but I'm sure you're all
house trained. ;-)

[email protected] 24-02-2007 12:49 PM

urg meet

On 24 Feb, 12:43, Sacha wrote:
On 24/2/07 12:34, in article
. com,

" wrote:
On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

[...]

(remove weeds from address)- Hide quoted text -

That is wonderful, I'd love to see Cormaic and Mrs. Taz again. I hope
Kay will be coming as I would like to see her also.

Judith at home

Sacha 24-02-2007 02:44 PM

urg meet

On 24/2/07 12:49, in article
,
" wrote:

On 24 Feb, 12:43, Sacha wrote:
On 24/2/07 12:34, in article
. com,

" wrote:
On 24 Feb, 11:55, Sacha wrote:

[...]

Last time they came to one down here, they camped in my then garden. They'd
be more than welcome to do the same here.

Sally Thompson 24-02-2007 06:44 PM

urg meet

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of time
do people usually gather?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Sacha 24-02-2007 07:38 PM

urg meet

On 24/2/07 18:44, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of time
do people usually gather?

Sally that would be lovely and yes, South Zeal isn't too far off, maybe 45
minutes or so. Bring your cousin if you think he or she would like to come.
A past urgler brought her son and it's a very easy-going arrangement in
which we pray only for good weather! I've been lucky the last twice and
we've been able to eat in the respective gardens.
Usually, we get together over coffee around 11 - others may do it
differently, of course, but on my two previous meets, that's how we did it.
If people want to bring plants to swap that's the time it happens, the chat
goes on, people wander round the garden (and nursery in our case), have
lunch, chat a bit more, have a bit more wine, chat some more, wander again
and toddle off when they're ready. If enough people want to stick around
this area and have a sort of group dinner at our local pub, I can book a
table in advance for that but will have to have firm numbers a week before
and all the surnames so the landlady can sort out the bills! If people want
to push on down to Charlie's that evening, they'll have a whole day for
Charlie's nursery and for Eden.
I do hope you come, it would be lovely to meet you. It's always fun putting
faces to names, too!
Have a look at this and you'll see some of us, past and present urglers and
the late and deeply lamented Edward Sparkes whose wife, Jennifer, still
posts here and will come to this July's meet, I hope JENNIFER! I'm also
going to contact a few other past urglers to see if they can come, too.
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Sally Thompson 24-02-2007 09:38 PM

urg meet

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:38:35 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

On 24/2/07 18:44, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of
time
do people usually gather?

Sally that would be lovely and yes, South Zeal isn't too far off, maybe 45
minutes or so. Bring your cousin if you think he or she would like to come.

That's kind of you. I'll ask her. She's a very good and knowledgeable
gardener so might jump at the chance if she isn't elsewhere engaged.

Usually, we get together over coffee around 11 - others may do it
differently, of course, but on my two previous meets, that's how we did it.

OK.

If people want to bring plants to swap that's the time it happens, the chat
goes on, people wander round the garden (and nursery in our case), have
lunch, chat a bit more, have a bit more wine, chat some more, wander again
and toddle off when they're ready.

Sounds good :-) I'm probably quite expert at the chatting and drinking wine
bit - well, you have to be expert in something, don't you.

If enough people want to stick around
this area and have a sort of group dinner at our local pub, I can book a
table in advance for that but will have to have firm numbers a week before
and all the surnames so the landlady can sort out the bills!

OK, noted, we would like to do that but will depend on cousin! Will let you
know in advance.

I do hope you come, it would be lovely to meet you. It's always fun putting
faces to names, too!

Certainly is.

Have a look at this and you'll see some of us, past and present urglers and
the late and deeply lamented Edward Sparkes whose wife, Jennifer, still
posts here and will come to this July's meet, I hope JENNIFER! I'm also
going to contact a few other past urglers to see if they can come, too.
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Thanks for the reminder of the link. That's probably about when I first
latched onto urg with many questions about our strange land/slag heap.
You're taller than on usenet bg

I'm really looking forward to meeting you and all the other names which have
become familiar to me here.

BoyPete 24-02-2007 10:25 PM

urg meet

Sacha wrote:

BIG snip

.. http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

Fascinating. I like a drop of wine......gardens........oh yes, so there are
:)
--
ßôyþëtë

Janet Tweedy 25-02-2007 12:19 AM

urg meet

In article , Sacha
writes

If people want to bring plants to swap

Oh bother, it's 4 and a half hours journey from here so don't think we'd
make it. Maybe I could send the plants down on their own?

:)

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

Sacha 25-02-2007 12:33 AM

urg meet

On 25/2/07 00:19, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

If people want to bring plants to swap

Oh bother, it's 4 and a half hours journey from here so don't think we'd
make it. Maybe I could send the plants down on their own?

:)

You can but I'd rather you came, too if you can manage it. Email me if you
think I can help.

Dave Poole 25-02-2007 06:24 PM

urg meet

Well, I'll make sure to duck out of the way of any cameras this time
or at least hide behind the polytunnels when indulging in a glass of
chateau Landscove! What Tony failed to point out was that it was the
same glass throughout. Anyone would think that I was doing a Keith
Floyd. Me? Surely not!

Sacha 25-02-2007 07:52 PM

urg meet

On 25/2/07 18:24, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Well, I'll make sure to duck out of the way of any cameras this time
or at least hide behind the polytunnels when indulging in a glass of
chateau Landscove! What Tony failed to point out was that it was the
same glass throughout. Anyone would think that I was doing a Keith
Floyd. Me? Surely not!

He's a menace with the captions and Maurice with the camera!

Maurice & Doreen Larcombe 27-02-2007 10:20 AM

urg meet

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 25/2/07 18:24, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Well, I'll make sure to duck out of the way of any cameras this time
or at least hide behind the polytunnels when indulging in a glass of
chateau Landscove! What Tony failed to point out was that it was the
same glass throughout. Anyone would think that I was doing a Keith
Floyd. Me? Surely not!

He's a menace with the captions and Maurice with the camera!

What? Me?

Love to come down and can we park the camper overnight please?

Maurice & Doreen

Sacha 27-02-2007 10:53 AM

urg meet

On 27/2/07 10:20, in article
, "Maurice & Doreen Larcombe"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 25/2/07 18:24, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Well, I'll make sure to duck out of the way of any cameras this time
or at least hide behind the polytunnels when indulging in a glass of
chateau Landscove! What Tony failed to point out was that it was the
same glass throughout. Anyone would think that I was doing a Keith
Floyd. Me? Surely not!

He's a menace with the captions and Maurice with the camera!

What? Me?

Love to come down and can we park the camper overnight please?

Maurice & Doreen

Yes & yes. ;-)) I'm so glad you're both coming down - look forward to
seeing you.

Charlie Pridham 28-02-2007 11:11 AM

urg meet

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Just to let everyone know that whilst we can not offer anyone a bed for the
night we shall as Sacha has indicated be home on both days and are happy to
entertain you all either in dribs and drabs or on mass!
We know we are a long way down and most will not want to make the extra
journey. Any one who does want to make a short break of it we are within
half a mile of two camp sites and numerous B&Bs I will ask nearer the time
who might be coming.
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha 28-02-2007 03:36 PM

urg meet

On 28/2/07 11:11, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

snip

Just to let everyone know that whilst we can not offer anyone a bed for the
night we shall as Sacha has indicated be home on both days and are happy to
entertain you all either in dribs and drabs or on mass!
We know we are a long way down and most will not want to make the extra
journey. Any one who does want to make a short break of it we are within
half a mile of two camp sites and numerous B&Bs I will ask nearer the time
who might be coming.

Charlie, how long would it take to drive from our meet to your meet, do you
think? I'm just thinking it would help people to plan their weekend as they
could decide whether to drive down to your area on the Saturday night or the
Sunday morning.
I imagine being a Saturday meet here, it's going to be difficult for you and
Liz to get away and come to lunch here? If you can make it, that would be
lovely!

[email protected] 28-02-2007 04:05 PM

urg meet

On 27 Feb, 23:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

--
AnneJ

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Judith

June Hughes 28-02-2007 04:11 PM

urg meet

In message , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

She says they know who they are. Mystery abounds. I expect I am one of
the two excluded, although I can think of at least two others she has
taken even more of a dislike to than me and the first person. As I have
been informed that she accused at least two people of making threats to
her family (I don't believe one of them was me, or at least I hope it
wasn't, because I didn't), it's something I regret *very* much having
to say:)
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 28-02-2007 04:15 PM

urg meet

In message .com,
" writes
On 27 Feb, 23:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

--
AnneJ

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Writing as one of the people Sacha loves to ostracise, I don't think it
was nasty. Just a fair comment.
--
June Hughes

[email protected] 28-02-2007 04:49 PM

urg meet

On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:20:54 GMT, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret *very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Contact Puce for bookings for the urg summer holiday in Aran in the Big Red Bus.

I see our resident troll is back - for goodness sake what started out
as an invitation to a meet has turned into one or two people grinding
their own particular axes, we are all bored to death with it - give it
a rest.

Judth

Sacha 28-02-2007 04:59 PM

urg meet

On 28/2/07 16:49, in article
,
" wrote:

On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
[...]

Imagine the cheek of me thinking it was my right to invite who I wish to our
house. ;-))

June Hughes 28-02-2007 04:59 PM

urg meet

In message . com,
" writes
On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
[...]

Not necessarily, Judith. Two people were specifically excluded from the
invitation. If you want to make someone feel uncomfortable, that is the
way to do it. She could just as well have invited people by email and
left it out of urg altogether. That way, those who were excluded didn't
have to know about it and those she wanted to attend would. Instead of
that, she broadcast it for all to see. Would you like it if it were you
who were excluded?
--
June Hughes

June Hughes 28-02-2007 05:10 PM

urg meet

In message , Sacha
writes
On 28/2/07 16:49, in article
. com,

wrote:
[...]

This is Usenet. You specifically said there were two people you were
not inviting out of all those who read and write here. That makes
people feel uncomfortable but you must have known that. It is like the
child at school announcing in front of the whole class, 'I am having a
birthday party for everyone in the class, except for two people'. It
would surely have been better if you had emailed those you were
inviting. You can do that in one email addressed to many, as I am sure
you are aware. You have mentioned since how you have heard from people
about others trying to sabotage your party. If you had restricted your
announcements to email, that would not have happened, would it? (And
before you start, no, it was not me who attempted to sabotage your do).
--
June Hughes

[email protected] 28-02-2007 05:16 PM

urg meet

On 28 Feb, 16:59, June Hughes wrote:
In message . com,
" writes

On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
[...]

June Hughes- Hide quoted text -

Why on earth should she invite by email, it is an urg meet and if
certain people have offended her, then it is her right not to invite
them.

I will be having an urg meet and again, there is a person that I
would not like to see in my home. I have been to meets where an
individual would not be welcome, this is life, we invite into our
sitting rooms members of a group and if one or two are excluded, then
too bad.

If I had insulted anyone the way Sacha has been insulted, then I would
be very surprised indeed if I were invited. This is my last word on
the subject as all genuine urglers are sick to the teeth of this.

Judith

Janet Galpin 28-02-2007 05:28 PM

urg meet

[...]

It sounds great and I would very much like to come. I wonder whether you
have a small piece of ground I could camp on or whether you could
recommend a camp-site nearby.

Janet G

June Hughes 28-02-2007 05:28 PM

urg meet

In message .com,
" writes

wrote:
[...]

What do you mean by 'hide quoted text'? I had no quoted text.
Why on earth should she invite by email, it is an urg meet and if
certain people have offended her, then it is her right not to invite
them.

It is a meet of selected urg people, and therefore private. As already
said, this is Usenet.
I will be having an urg meet and again, there is a person that I
would not like to see in my home. I have been to meets where an
individual would not be welcome, this is life, we invite into our
sitting rooms members of a group and if one or two are excluded, then
too bad.

If I had insulted anyone the way Sacha has been insulted, then I would
be very surprised indeed if I were invited. This is my last word on
the subject as all genuine urglers are sick to the teeth of this.

Yes, I expect they are. I can't understand why you insist on carrying
it on.
--
June Hughes

[email protected] 28-02-2007 05:42 PM

urg meet

On Feb 28, 5:28 pm, June Hughes
wrote:
In message .com,
" writes

Would you like it if it were you
who were excluded?
--
June Hughes-

Yes, I expect they are. I can't understand why you insist on carrying
it on.
--
June Hughes-

That's a bit daft June as you asked me a question and I answered it!!!

Judith

Sacha 28-02-2007 05:55 PM

urg meet

On 28/2/07 17:28, in article , "Janet
Galpin" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!

snip

It sounds great and I would very much like to come. I wonder whether you
have a small piece of ground I could camp on or whether you could
recommend a camp-site nearby.

You'd be very welcome to camp on our field, as long as it's not too rain
sodden for you. Do you mean tent or van because for a van there's a car
park? It will be lovely to meet you, Janet and I'm so glad you're coming.

Sally Thompson 28-02-2007 06:01 PM

urg meet

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:10:59 +0000, June Hughes wrote
(in article ):

In message , Sacha
writes

snip
[...]

But June, there is a practical difficulty apart from anything else. There
are plenty of lurkers here who might like to go to the meet but whose email
addresses Sacha doesn't necessarily have. Many others do not give reply-to
email addresses on usenet. If Sacha Or anyone else) wishes to exclude two
particular people, then I am quite sure that everyone reading or
participating in this group knows who they are, and I agree that she has
every right to exclude them specifically. I wouldn't want them in my house
either.

Dave Poole 28-02-2007 06:09 PM

urg meet

On Feb 27, 11:20 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet.

Oh so a 'meet' has to include absolutely everyone? I live and learn.

Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Well you can call it what you like, the rest will continue to refer to
it as a 'meet' irrespective of exclusions.

June Hughes 28-02-2007 06:32 PM

urg meet

In message et, Sally
Thompson writes
[...]

If they are lurkers, they may also be undesirable to Sacha. Also, if
people do not give reply email addresses, they may also be undesirable.
I would not like to deal with someone who gives a false email address,
although plenty of people do and I have their real addresses. So, you
case does not appear to hold water, Sally.
--
June Hughes

Sacha 28-02-2007 06:37 PM

urg meet

On 28/2/07 18:01, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

snip

But June, there is a practical difficulty apart from anything else. There
are plenty of lurkers here who might like to go to the meet but whose email
addresses Sacha doesn't necessarily have.

You've hit the nail on the head, Sally. At my two meets, two people came
who do not post but lurk. That is precisely why email was not used. I
*know* that some past members of urg pop in from time to time, some lurk and
never post, others lurk and post occasionally We've all seen that in our
time here.
It IS an urg event and two people who I do not, in any case consider to be
true urglers, are not welcome.
snip

Sacha 28-02-2007 06:38 PM

urg meet

On 28/2/07 18:09, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

On Feb 27, 11:20 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet.

Oh so a 'meet' has to include absolutely everyone? I live and learn.

Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Well you can call it what you like, the rest will continue to refer to
it as a 'meet' irrespective of exclusions.

Well.....we could have it in the dark, I suppose....... ;-))

Pete ‹(•¿•)› 28-02-2007 06:45 PM

urg meet

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:59:30 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/2/07 16:49, in article
. com,
" wrote:

On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
[...]

We'll probably turn up. I'm selling rave tickets as we speak.

Best lock up grannies crystal, just in case.
--

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

Disclaimer

Pete has taken all reasonable care to ensure that pages published by him
were accurate on the date of publication or last modification.
Other pages which may be linked or which Pete may have published are in
a personal capacity. Pete takes no responsibility for the consequences
of error or for any loss or damage suffered by users of any of the information
published on any of these pages, and such information does not form any
basis of a contract with readers or users of it.

It is in the nature of Usenet & Web sites, that much of the information is
experimental or constantly changing, that information published may
be for test purposes only, may be out of date, or may be the personal
opinion of the author.
Readers should verify information gained from the Web/Usenet with the appropriate
authorities before relying on it.

Should you no longer wish to read this material or content, please use your
newsreaders kill filter.

Pete ‹(•¿•)› 28-02-2007 06:47 PM

urg meet

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:37:21 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 28/2/07 18:01, in article
et, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

snip

But June, there is a practical difficulty apart from anything else. There
are plenty of lurkers here who might like to go to the meet but whose email
addresses Sacha doesn't necessarily have.

You've hit the nail on the head, Sally. At my two meets, two people came
who do not post but lurk. That is precisely why email was not used. I
*know* that some past members of urg pop in from time to time, some lurk and
never post, others lurk and post occasionally We've all seen that in our
time here.
It IS an urg event and two people who I do not, in any case consider to be
true urglers, are not welcome.
snip

Will acid be provided, or should we bring our own?

Sue[_3_] 28-02-2007 06:55 PM

urg meet

"June Hughes" wrote
" writes
Anne Jackson wrote:
Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a
soiree' or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Writing as one of the people Sacha loves to ostracise, I don't think
it was nasty. Just a fair comment.

Hardly. It was just bitchy and silly. Obviously anyone hosting a meet on
their own property is at liberty to include or exclude anyone they wish.

Really it'd be far pleasanter all round if you and Anne could try and
resist dragging up old arguments and grudges at every turn. It's
unnecessary, and verges on trolling.

--
Sue

[email protected] 28-02-2007 08:12 PM

urg meet

On 28 Feb, 19:55, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from " contains these words:

On 27 Feb, 23:20, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people
are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know
who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret
*very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Was that really necessary, why on earth did you make that nasty
comment for - I am gobsmacked!!!

Judith, I have never, ever, in all my years on Usenet, seen anyone
arranging a meet, and then saying that certain people aren't welcome!
A meet is open to all, and if it _isn't_ then it's not a meet!!

But does it matter Anne? there are some people who are deliberately
baiting Sacha, it's not fair and it's unkind and I don't mean you, I
have always found you to be generous in your comments to all.

After all a meet is not official or otherwise, it is a collection of
people of like minds, who have an interest in gardening and there are
no rules about invitations etc.

Lets just leave Sacha to enjoy people coming to her home who are happy
to see her and I will be one of those.

Kind regards

Judith

p.k. 28-02-2007 08:15 PM

urg meet

Sacha wrote:

It IS an urg event and two people who I do not, in any case consider
to be true urglers, are not welcome.
snip

A gentle suggestion, might it no have been better to state the names of
those not invited, thus avoiding the deliberate and unnecessary stirring &
raking of coals that followed?

pk