Old 05-03-2007, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Back briefly for apricot advice please

"K" wrote in message

... I don't have an apricot. Most warmth-loving fruit I can offer is a
fig, which is cropping well!

There's one in a neighbour's garden with no shelter and it crops abundantly.
Her mother planted it but she's dead.

Trouble is, the daughter never goes into the garden so the fruit decays. I
look at this year's harvest longingly but I know they'll all be wasted :-(

Mary

Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"K" wrote in message
... I don't have an apricot. Most warmth-loving fruit I can offer is
a fig, which is cropping well!

There's one in a neighbour's garden with no shelter and it crops
abundantly. Her mother planted it but she's dead.

Trouble is, the daughter never goes into the garden so the fruit
decays. I look at this year's harvest longingly but I know they'll all
be wasted :-(

Would she let you pick them if you asked? You could swap for a jar of
honey. ;-)

--
Sue

Old 05-03-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

K wrote:
Jim Jackson writes

I'm on the Leeds/Wakefield Border in East Ardsley, and 2 years ago I put
in a maiden Apricot, against a wall. It's made slow progress, so I can't
report flowers or fruit yet. I'm training as a fan against the wall. I
thought I was mad (the family think so too :-) so I'm really glad to see
someone else wanting to try this. I'm not sure Kay has an apricot? I don't
remember seeing one when she showed me round her garden a couple of years
ago.

No, you're right, I don't have an apricot. Most warmth-loving fruit I
can offer is a fig, which is cropping well!

I planted a fig at the same time as the apricot - it too is making slow
progress, so I await fruit in anticipation, and in a few years.

Jim
Old 05-03-2007, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"K" wrote in message
... I don't have an apricot. Most warmth-loving fruit I can offer is
a fig, which is cropping well!

There's one in a neighbour's garden with no shelter and it crops
abundantly. Her mother planted it but she's dead.

Trouble is, the daughter never goes into the garden so the fruit
decays. I look at this year's harvest longingly but I know they'll all
be wasted :-(

Would she let you pick them if you asked? You could swap for a jar of
honey. ;-)

She won't have anything to do with any of the neighbours - even though most
of us have known her since she was born. She used to play with our children
of the same age, later she'd go swimming with us every week, one of the
neighbours practically brought up her now teenage daughter, nobody can
understand it. Her toddler never goes in the garden despite lots of toys,
swings, playhouse etc are in there. Her mother will be turning in her grave,
although I didn't like her garden she loved it and was always in there, it
was a riot of blooms and always tidy. It was her pride and joy. Now it's
overgrown with weeds and plastic playthings.

And a flourishing fig :-(

Mary

--
Sue

West Coast of Canada Apricot Question ~ rob ~ United Kingdom 0 15-07-2003 05:52 PM
Apricot seedling cb Edible Gardening 15 13-07-2003 05:08 AM
apricot tree without flowers or fruits Lil Gardening 7 29-05-2003 08:56 PM
Double Rose of Sharon (peach or apricot) Purchgdss Gardening 2 31-03-2003 12:08 AM
Temperamental apricot tree Polar Edible Gardening 0 13-03-2003 05:45 AM