Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lemon plants

Good Morning all

I have been thinking for ages about getting a lemon tree but did not fancy
paying out £15 and then killing it. I saw Wilko's had some for £3.99 and
thought that that would be a good test. Its only a little stem with a few
leaves.

I brought some citrus compost and am going to look into getting some feed
for it in a couple of weeks as when I went to the garden centre a lady said
it does not really need it until it gets bigger.

I know that lemon trees can take a while to flower and was wondering if this
one does survive, will it possibly flower later in life bearing in mind I
got it from wilkos... What age do they flower and produce fruit?

Thanks

Donna

Old 05-03-2007, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Donna (UK)" wrote in message
. uk...
Good Morning all

I have been thinking for ages about getting a lemon tree but did not fancy
paying out £15 and then killing it. I saw Wilko's had some for £3.99 and
thought that that would be a good test. Its only a little stem with a few
leaves.

I brought some citrus compost and am going to look into getting some feed
for it in a couple of weeks as when I went to the garden centre a lady
said it does not really need it until it gets bigger.

I know that lemon trees can take a while to flower and was wondering if
this one does survive, will it possibly flower later in life bearing in
mind I got it from wilkos... What age do they flower and produce
fruit?

Thanks

Donna

Most plants from Wilkos are very good quality and cheap.
The only problem with their stuff is that they have a habit of giving no
name or a wrong name for plants. What variety of Lemon did you buy?