Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frayed Palm leave

I have a couple of small Palms (not sure of their name) planted
outside in a border, and they are showing signs of fraying leaves at
their tips.

Does some know what causes this and its remedy?

Old 07-03-2007, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 6 Mar, 19:17, wrote:
I have a couple of small Palms (not sure of their name) planted
outside in a border, and they are showing signs of fraying leaves at
their tips.

Does some know what causes this and its remedy?

Its wind dammage, just the way you will fray a rope if you keep
cracking it like a whip.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 7, 1:11 pm, "Dave Hill" wrote:
On 6 Mar, 19:17, wrote:

I have a couple of small Palms (not sure of their name) planted
outside in a border, and they are showing signs of fraying leaves at
their tips.

Does some know what causes this and its remedy?

Its wind dammage, just the way you will fray a rope if you keep
cracking it like a whip.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

Thanks for the reply..

What do I need to do?..Do I remove the affected leaves?