Old 14-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Registered User

Smile Soggy garden problems with leaves

hello,

in my garden I have a problems with drainage where i built under it a herringbone drain.Alas,in the winter the garden wasn't draining much and after i cleared bags and bags of leaves i was left with a soggy covering soup on the lawn.This muck has now begun to dry out but it has meant the grass underneath isn't coming thru.
I would appreciate greatly advice on what to do

Do i ?

a.......scarify the lawn?

b....... rake it away

or is it a lost cause?

many thanx,
David, nr Portsmouth.
Old 15-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesporty View Post
hello,

in my garden I have a problems with drainage where i built under it a herringbone drain.Alas,in the winter the garden wasn't draining much and after i cleared bags and bags of leaves i was left with a soggy covering soup on the lawn.This muck has now begun to dry out but it has meant the grass underneath isn't coming thru.
I would appreciate greatly advice on what to do

Do i ?

a.......scarify the lawn?

b....... rake it away

or is it a lost cause?

many thanx,
David, nr Portsmouth.

can noone help me?

Soggy garden Srgnt Billko Lawns 7 20-01-2007 03:05 AM
What's best to 'dry' a soggy garden? MM United Kingdom 9 31-01-2005 10:51 PM
soggy grass problem Fat Freddy's Cat United Kingdom 4 16-08-2004 08:32 PM
soggy areas in yard Janet Price Gardening 10 21-04-2003 03:33 PM
Gypsum, soggy garden bed Andrew Tune Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:33 AM