Old 19-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike

Default OT Where has time gone

I am listening to Classic fm and the announcer has just reported that
'It was 20 years ago that Emma Johnson, as an 18 year old stunned the
audience and TV viewers with her performance of Mozart's Clarinet
Concerto"

20 Years!!!!! I remember that as if it were 'yesterday'. She was
terrific!!

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

Old Mike ;-)

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more

Old 19-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Malcolm

In article , Mike
writes

I am listening to Classic fm and the announcer has just reported that
'It was 20 years ago that Emma Johnson, as an 18 year old stunned the
audience and TV viewers with her performance of Mozart's Clarinet
Concerto"

20 Years!!!!! I remember that as if it were 'yesterday'. She was
terrific!!

Err, you might "remember that as if it were 'yesterday'", and that she
was "terrific", but I fear your memory is at fault! If, as I assume is
the case, both you and the Classic FM announcer are referring to the
performance which helped Emma Johnson win the BBC Young Musician of the
Year, she didn't play the Mozart concerto but one by Bernhard Crusell !!

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

20 years ago I was watching Emma Johnson play the Crusell concerto,
though I'm not certain which of the three he wrote that she played,
though I think it was probably No.1.

--
Malcolm
Old 19-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Bart Bailey

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:26:19 +0100, Mike
wrote:

I am listening to Classic fm and the announcer has just reported that
'It was 20 years ago that Emma Johnson, as an 18 year old stunned the
audience and TV viewers with her performance of Mozart's Clarinet
Concerto"

20 Years!!!!! I remember that as if it were 'yesterday'. She was
terrific!!

And another 20 or so years before that,
came those lads from Liverpool,
I remember that too ;-)

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

Old Mike ;-)

Yep, a mere couple decades ago is just a blink,
as I enter the home stretch of my sixth.

justa nother hyper-annuated hippie ;-)

Bart
Old 19-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Mike

In article , Malcolm
writes

In article , Mike
writes

I am listening to Classic fm and the announcer has just reported that
'It was 20 years ago that Emma Johnson, as an 18 year old stunned the
audience and TV viewers with her performance of Mozart's Clarinet
Concerto"

20 Years!!!!! I remember that as if it were 'yesterday'. She was
terrific!!

Err, you might "remember that as if it were 'yesterday'", and that she
was "terrific", but I fear your memory is at fault! If, as I assume is
the case, both you and the Classic FM announcer are referring to the
performance which helped Emma Johnson win the BBC Young Musician of the
Year, she didn't play the Mozart concerto but one by Bernhard Crusell !!

I stand corrected!! I would have put money on that fact that it was the
Mozart!!

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

20 years ago I was watching Emma Johnson play the Crusell concerto,

so did I!!

though I'm not certain which of the three he wrote that she played,
though I think it was probably No.1.

Number 2 my son informs me

Old 20-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Mike
writes

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

We were gardening, the same garden as we tend now. We were enjoying it
just as much then as we do now. It doesn't seem like yesterday because a
lot of other things in life have changed.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Old 20-04-2003, 08:32 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Mike
writes

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

20 years ago I'd just given up my career in the computer industry,
reduced my income by 2/3, and embarked on an excellent voyage of
self-discovery. Oooops - I also gave up a vegetable-producing garden
with house and swapped it for temporary rooms.

--
dave @ stejonda

Old 22-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Chris Norton

wrote:

I am listening to Classic fm and the announcer has just reported that
'It was 20 years ago that Emma Johnson, as an 18 year old stunned the
audience and TV viewers with her performance of Mozart's Clarinet
Concerto"

20 Years!!!!! I remember that as if it were 'yesterday'. She was
terrific!!

What were the readers of this newsgroup doing 20 years ago and does it
seem like yesterday to them ??????

Old Mike ;-)

2nd year at Grammar school. Probably having just come back from first
ski trip to Kitzbuhel. Winters seemed so long back then.

Has Cornus gone out of fashion? Philip United Kingdom 10 22-11-2003 07:46 PM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 2 30-01-2003 12:44 PM
has the FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 1 30-01-2003 12:41 PM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 0 30-01-2003 06:26 AM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 0 30-01-2003 05:56 AM