Old 01-04-2007, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fuschias Out of the Greenhouse

I have run out of room in my greenhouse, tomatoes are now in the border and
bedding plants are galloping away as are the cucumbers.
My 6 standard pot grown fuchsia bushes (3ft 6 tall) were put outside this
afternoon. Pots buried in the ground.
Hope its not too early as some are in flower.
Location Surrey - Camberley - praying weather improves & no frosts.

SH

Old 02-04-2007, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 1 Apr, 22:54, Sacha wrote:
On 1/4/07 17:23, in article , "Springtime"

wrote:
I have run out of room in my greenhouse, tomatoes are now in the border and
bedding plants are galloping away as are the cucumbers.
My 6 standard pot grown fuchsia bushes (3ft 6 tall) were put outside this
afternoon. Pots buried in the ground.
Hope its not too early as some are in flower.
Location Surrey - Camberley - praying weather improves & no frosts.

Buy some horticultural fleece, find some old blankets, sacking etc. and have
it handy, just in case. If there's a frost forecast or if the night sky
suddenly clears, wrap them up.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devonhttp://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I would have brought them back into the greenhouse at night and stood
them between the tomatoes for another couple of weeks at least, I
would say you are a month to early for planting out, esp standards.
Watch out for frost around the last couple of days of April, the first
couple of days in May.
I know the problem, I have got to find space in the next few days to
stand around 2500 dahlia cuttings

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Transplanting Fuschias? Pete Gardening 3 06-10-2005 04:00 PM
Fuschias, upright variety ? [email protected] Gardening 1 21-05-2005 12:49 AM
fuschias gh United Kingdom 2 18-08-2003 01:22 PM
Hardy Fuschias in pots Serena Blanchflower United Kingdom 5 14-07-2003 10:47 AM
my fuschias have come back from the dead :) nicky United Kingdom 1 16-03-2003 09:20 AM