Old 20-04-2003, 04:40 AM
Registered User

Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Default Yes, very interesting software.

Yes, very interesting software. And remarkably the site is, for the time being at any rate, advertisement free.

The process of registraton gives an plenty of options of the "No thanks variey". Hey - usenet is hardly private!

An NNTP reader is undoubtedly faster and probably has the functionality of filters etc. so I think I'll be sticking to that since I only have time for urglers. I can stuff the HTML formatting.

Though it has a smiley dictionary it doesn;t have the dictionary I have been most in need of :- a dictionary of those ghastly acronyms!

Something quite interesting though. I saw an option to edit a message. Presumably that can only be done by the person who created it after they have logged in. I know this is possible but the only time I needed to cancel a message It was quite a little performance which I think took place other than in my NNTP client.

Just think, I ccould tidy up all my spelling mestakes and hanging words left by over editing so my usenet history is sparly clean

I'll try and edit this message

Int the edited message "Blah Blah" will occur twice

Heh heh

Huss
Old 20-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Registered User

Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Default Software should have inserted subject line of post being replied to here

Nah. Logged in tried to edit my post to put in another "Blah Blah"and received this message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 20-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Hussein M.

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 03:41:07 GMT, rukun
wrote:

[...]

Yep. Quick as a flash was on my ISP's server. (This is collected by
Agent)

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.