Old 12-04-2007, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Self Watering Hanging Baskets

Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community association -
have searched online with no success.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin Harran
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin Harran wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the
ones used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association - have searched online with no success.

Any good ?..............
http://www.selections.com/GF840/larg...utm_medium=cpc
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 12 Apr, 18:40, Stan The Man wrote:
In article , Martin Harran

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Why dont you phone the parks dept of your local council
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 13-04-2007, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Martin Harran wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the
ones used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association - have searched online with no success.

Any good ?..............
http://www.selections.com/GF840/larg...utm_medium=cpc
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

I'd already found that one but the reservoir seems small at 1.4 litres, I've
been told that the ones used by councils typically hold about 5 to 7 lites
which means you only have to fill them about once per week, even in hot
weather.

Old 13-04-2007, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , Martin Harran
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Care to share then because it hasn't worked for me?

Old 13-04-2007, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

oups.com...

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the
ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Why dont you phone the parks dept of your local council
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

My local council doesn't have a parks dept and doesn't hang baskets

Old 14-04-2007, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

oups.com...

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the
ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Why dont you phone the parks dept of your local council
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

My local council doesn't have a parks dept and doesn't hang baskets

You are allowed to phone another council that does use them.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 14-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On 13 Apr, 22:05, "Martin Harran" wrote:

oups.com...

wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the
ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Why dont you phone the parks dept of your local council
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

My local council doesn't have a parks dept and doesn't hang baskets

You are allowed to phone another council that does use them.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries
Just google "self watering hanging baskets" with the quotemarks, dozens of sites.
Old 14-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granity View Post
Just google "self watering hanging baskets" with the quotemarks, dozens of sites.
Best site found for bulk buys,

http://www.selfwateringplanters.co.u...html?Itemid=26

Old 14-04-2007, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Care to share then because it hasn't worked for me?

1.600 hits with "self watering hanging basket" (as exact phrase in

Old 16-04-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get the large self watering baskets like the
ones
used by Councils?

I'm looking for abot 50 - 70 of them for our local community
association -
have searched online with no success.

Google seemed to work for me.

Care to share then because it hasn't worked for me?

1.600 hits with "self watering hanging basket" (as exact phrase in

Thanks for that, I had used those exact words but hadn't thought of using
them as an exact phrase.

It led me to exactly what I want.

Old 16-04-2007, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Martin Harran writes

"JennyC" wrote in message

1.600 hits with "self watering hanging basket" (as exact phrase in

Thanks for that, I had used those exact words but hadn't thought of using
them as an exact phrase.

It led me to exactly what I want.

Easiest way is to put double quote marks around the phrase in the
ordinary google search box.

If you use the advanced search, you'll see that it shows in the search
box the results of what you've typed in all the separate boxes, and
that's a good way of learning how to refine your ordinary searches -
that's how I learnt, for example, that adding site:.gov.uk will restrict
your search to official government sites.

--
Kay
Old 15-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered User

hi not sure if you have sorted this now but my company sells the baskets which you were looking for to most local authorities in the uk and we could certainly help you out with the self watering baskets