Old 12-04-2007, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment Update

After taking on my derelict allotment last September, I relied greatly
on this group for advice. Daft questions, repeated questions - all
have come to fruition as the plot has finally been cleared, greenhouse
fully functioning, fruit trees, flowers, cabbages, potatoes, garlic
and onions all coming out!
The greenhouse is packed with seed trays - and I'm very happy.
My house is a pit, the children say, "who she?", but never mind!
Many thanks for all of the group's support and advice.

LW)

Old 12-04-2007, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 12, 10:34 pm, "Little Weed" wrote:
After taking on my derelict allotment last September, I relied greatly
on this group for advice. Daft questions, repeated questions - all
have come to fruition as the plot has finally been cleared, greenhouse
fully functioning, fruit trees, flowers, cabbages, potatoes, garlic
and onions all coming out!
The greenhouse is packed with seed trays - and I'm very happy.
My house is a pit, the children say, "who she?", but never mind!
Many thanks for all of the group's support and advice.
LW)

Lovely. So pleased for you and I can feel your joy from here! It's
great isn't it. Our veranda is full of trays - I've got so much
walking stick cabbages, I think i'm gonna go into the 'walking stick'
business. Artichoks, toms, cucumbers, courgettes, sprouts (and the red
ones) ... all popping out. Potatoes in, jerusalem arti in, sorrel's
looking great, all the fruit bushes on their way. The strawbs bed is
however looking really messy, just like my house, and yours it seems.
Who cares! If you don't I won't ;o)

Tomorrow doing leeks, sunflowers and sweetcorns. We've chucked out the
old sofa from our veranda ... there was no room for all the trays! We
must be mad ...

LG Update: Birds of America (was Alexis Bledel update) Rob Jensen Ponds 0 26-12-2007 12:03 AM
New Interest Group on ICQ for Allotment Gardeners Roberto United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 06:08 PM
Overgrown allotment? H United Kingdom 10 16-01-2003 11:27 PM
New Allotment Simon Diaz United Kingdom 6 19-12-2002 11:03 PM
Newbie - Allotment clearance Sam United Kingdom 3 27-10-2002 05:49 PM