Old 26-04-2007, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Buddleia Problem

I am new to gardening and a couple of weeks ago bought 4 Buddleia plants
which I have in pots in the back garden.

I have come home from work tonight and two of the plants look like they have
been eaten by something - the leaves have big chunks out of them and some of
the leaves have almost gone completely.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched on the internet but I
can't seem to find any problems with Buddleia.

I am worried that whatever has attacked these two plants will attack the two
others.

Could it be birds?

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Mel

Old 26-04-2007, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Melody" wrote in message
I am new to gardening and a couple of weeks ago bought 4 Buddleia

plants
which I have in pots in the back garden.

I have come home from work tonight and two of the plants look like

they have
been eaten by something - the leaves have big chunks out of them and

some of
the leaves have almost gone completely.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched on the internet but

can't seem to find any problems with Buddleia.

I am worried that whatever has attacked these two plants will attack

the two
others.

Could it be birds?

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Mel

Could well be slugs or snails. Try going down the garden after dark
with a lamp and see if you can catch whatever it is in the act. It will
be damp tonight so you have a better chance of them being out and about.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 26-04-2007, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Melody" wrote in message
I am new to gardening and a couple of weeks ago bought 4 Buddleia

plants
which I have in pots in the back garden.

I have come home from work tonight and two of the plants look like

they have
been eaten by something - the leaves have big chunks out of them and

some of
the leaves have almost gone completely.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched on the internet but

can't seem to find any problems with Buddleia.

I am worried that whatever has attacked these two plants will attack

the two
others.

Could it be birds?

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Mel

Melody,

Scroll to Pests and Diseases on this site:

http://www.hear.org/Pier/pdf/pohrepo...ia_davidii.pdf

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 27-04-2007, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26 Apr, 20:11, "Melody" wrote:
I am new to gardening and a couple of weeks ago bought 4 Buddleia plants
which I have in pots in the back garden.

I have come home from work tonight and two of the plants look like they have
been eaten by something - the leaves have big chunks out of them and some of
the leaves have almost gone completely.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have searched on the internet but I
can't seem to find any problems with Buddleia.

I am worried that whatever has attacked these two plants will attack the two
others.

Could it be birds?

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Mel

I agree that your problem could be caused by slugs, they seem to enjoy
everything. Tricia

Butterfly bush (Buddleia) how prune? - My Dilemma Ian Gardening 10 23-05-2003 02:32 AM
multi-colored Buddleia courtault at yahoo.com Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Need advice on pruning a buddleia Annabel United Kingdom 2 17-02-2003 09:31 AM
multi-colored Buddleia animaux Texas 0 12-02-2003 01:56 AM
Need advice on pruning a buddleia GR United Kingdom 2 11-02-2003 10:08 PM