Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Old Tropical Fish Tank Water Safe To Use On Plants?

WaltA wrote:

On Wed, 2 May 2007 11:29:06 +0100, (Carol Hague)
wrote:
Sorry, I'd got it backwards ! I thought it was nitrates turning into
nitrites, but you're right, it's the other way round. They'll be asking
me to hand in my Chemistry O level at this rate :-)

Hehee, no worries,
(pokerface) I see you an O and raise you an A **[/pokerface)
but I could see that you were a serious student of the art

giggle Me? Serious? Not often :-)

But yes, one of the few things I take seriously is my responsibility for
any pets I take on.

I used to read so many horror stories in the magazines of someone buying
fish and *then* asking how to look after it - somtimes not even knowing
what species it was! eek!

To divert back to gardening by way of goldfish, mine nearly got
artichoke for dinner on Sunday.

My own fault - I should have known better than to leave the tray of pots
on the edge of the pond where one of the cats was bound to knock it
in....

Luckily I have a heroic long-armed husband who reached into the nasty
cold water to retrieve them for me (I would have done it myself, honest,
I just don't have long enough arms :-))

They seem none the worse for their dunking and are growing apace after
being repotted. Hurray!
--
Carol
"The glassblower's cat is bompstable"

Old 02-05-2007, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 2 May 2007 20:29:14 +0100 (Carol Hague) wrote:
but I could see that you were a serious student of the art

giggle Me? Serious? Not often :-)

But yes, one of the few things I take seriously is my responsibility for
any pets I take on.

And to see them thrive under the best conditions one can provide
(which Alan in his 1950s mindset cannot get beyond ,
btw Alan, you can do it without expensive dodads from the trade,
just simply with some knowlege and understanding of your subject so
that you can get beyond the advertising hype of the gadget purveyors )

Luckily I have a heroic long-armed husband who reached into the nasty
cold water to retrieve them for me (I would have done it myself, honest,
I just don't have long enough arms :-))

Honst you could, I believe you
(/attempts do dispel image of Victor " I dont believe it" diving in
with full snorkel&wetsuit )

They seem none the worse for their dunking and are growing apace after
being repotted. Hurray!

My Giant Chinese Mustard seedlings had a near death experience today,
whilst I was relaxing in the sunshine,
gosh! wasn't it hot !!
Did I get back on gardening topic as well ??