Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lawn fertilizer Prices ?

Usually buy all my weed and Feed from the likes of B+Q- seems to be
getting more expensive. Read in papers thet the likes of GreenThumbs
etc use fertilizer " Not available to the public". Is ther anywhere I
can get my hands on this stuff in bulk ?- (N.Wales/Cheshire/wirral
area)

Old 08-05-2007, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sndevereux wrote in message
Usually buy all my weed and Feed from the likes of B+Q- seems to be
getting more expensive. Read in papers thet the likes of GreenThumbs
etc use fertilizer " Not available to the public". Is ther anywhere I
can get my hands on this stuff in bulk ?- (N.Wales/Cheshire/wirral
area)

Growmore works well but it isn't a weed killer just a fertilizer.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

sndevereux wrote in message
Usually buy all my weed and Feed from the likes of B+Q- seems to be
getting more expensive. Read in papers thet the likes of GreenThumbs
etc use fertilizer " Not available to the public". Is ther anywhere I
can get my hands on this stuff in bulk ?- (N.Wales/Cheshire/wirral
area)

Growmore works well but it isn't a weed killer just a fertilizer.

--
Regards
Bob H
17mls W. of London.UK
Try Wilkinson's the cheap shop, they are on line as well, do a Google.

Harry

Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Try Wilkinson's the cheap shop, they are on line as well, do a Google.

Harry
Just had a look and they are selling Weed and Feed for £3.50 for 3.5 kg.

I think that is a good price.

Harry

Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Usually buy all my weed and Feed from the likes of B+Q- seems to be
getting more expensive. Read in papers thet the likes of GreenThumbs
etc use fertilizer " Not available to the public". Is ther anywhere I
can get my hands on this stuff in bulk ?- (N.Wales/Cheshire/wirral
area)
Tyr using Lawn Magic from www.gardenwizard.co.uk its a liquid lawn feed and they do a Moss Magic. Its sold in 5 litre bottles cost about £20 but it goes an incredibly long way. Apply with a superspray hose end sprayer which dilutes as you spray. www.superspray.co.uk cost about £10 delivered. Ive had great results from LM and Plant Magic. I rather use liquid lawn feed than pellets cause if it doesnt rain soon after application the lawn can burn and turn brown. Liquid feeding seems to get a more even feed and its easier to do rather than wonder up and down with a spreader.

Lawn fertilizer prices skyrocket Phisherman[_3_] Gardening 11 15-01-2009 02:39 AM
Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding? Mike Thompson Lawns 1 10-09-2003 07:42 PM
lawn care prices. sp500 Lawns 2 29-03-2003 02:32 PM
Offers quality plants at great prices, come see what we mean! NickRiggi Lawns 0 14-01-2003 01:05 PM
AD: Beautiful Tiffany Lamps at Super Affordable Prices! Michelle Liao Lawns 1 14-12-2002 05:56 AM