Old 16-05-2007, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Theft of window boxes

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:29:26 +0100, "Tom"
wrote and included this (or some of
this):

madgardener wrote:
I heard of
a woman who had a very impressive garden that was accessible to people
slipping into and stealing the crops. She stopped the thefts cold by
placing a very readable sign in the garden that stated simply that
there was ONE row of contaminated and poisoned plants growing

Which reminds me of an old joke about a pumpkin farmer who was suffering
similar thefts who left a sign saying "I have poisoned 5 of these pumpkins"
only to find the next day that the thief had left his own sign saying "and I
have poisoned 8"

And the chap who put a sign near his pint in a bar while he popped out
for a pit-stop. "I've spit in this pint"

He comes back to see an added note "So have I"

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³

Old 17-05-2007, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

madgardener wrote:
I heard of
a woman who had a very impressive garden that was accessible to people
slipping into and stealing the crops. She stopped the thefts cold by
placing a very readable sign in the garden that stated simply that
there was ONE row of contaminated and poisoned plants growing

Which reminds me of an old joke about a pumpkin farmer who was suffering
similar thefts who left a sign saying "I have poisoned 5 of these pumpkins"
only to find the next day that the thief had left his own sign saying "and I
have poisoned 8"

And the chap who put a sign near his pint in a bar while he popped out
for a pit-stop. "I've spit in this pint"

He comes back to see an added note "So have I"

so what we've come to conclusionally is, the story about the woman who
put the sign up to deter thieves from stealing her crops only means that
there's always a smarter thief........sigh.......but I love the stories
that have followed up. thanks for that. gbseg

maddie who has a very good friend in Bournemouth...........