Old 19-05-2007, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pigeons as a catch crop

In article , R
writes

*******.

You heard BB was back then? Sans motorcycle, of course.

Hows your lovely daughter ?

Firstborn made me a Grandfather in January and the price for My Baby is
now 2000 Camels but that is as much due to the collapse of the
petrodollar as anything else.

How is life treating you?

--
steve auvache
Old 19-05-2007, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"steve auvache" wrote in message
In article , R
writes

*******.

You heard BB was back then? Sans motorcycle, of course.

He don't worry me, just one of the normal type of " I got no mates and need
a newsgroup to have some on" type

Hows your lovely daughter ?

Firstborn made me a Grandfather in January and the price for My Baby is
now 2000 Camels but that is as much due to the collapse of the
petrodollar as anything else.

How is life treating you?

Fair trade I reckon !
thinks what 2000 camels is worth these days at the butchers

Me?
Still at same job on the Lorry Cranes.
Sold bike therefore bikeless.

Heh, I like the sound of "Grandad Steve" ;-)

Old 19-05-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"steve auvache" wrote in message
In article , Tom Don't_bother_
writes
steve auvache wrote:
After years of waging a losing war of attrition against certain
militant aspects of The Woodland Alliance I have decided to take
another tack and consider a different approach, namely that mentioned
in the subject line. This raises a number of questions:-

1) Should it be done on a cut and come again basis or would a single
destructive harvest be better?

2) Given either or both of the above apply, when would be the best
time of year to take my harvest in terms of both flavour and total
quantity of crop?

3) What should I specifically not protect and thus allow them to eat
in order to achieve the above?

If you are going to shoot them it would have to be cut and come again as
you'll have no chance of getting more than a quarter of them.

A quarter at a time would do nicely.

For flavour, September/Oct is best. They will be in good form then ready
for the lean months of winter.

Excellent ta.

You don't need to grow anything to feed them,

Yes but I am growing things, albeit unwillingly, to feed them. My plan
is to deliberately leave some unprotected and allow them to feed at will
so to speak.

Hi Steve I just wanted to say that there are plenty of airgunners around
that are desperate for land they can shoot on and if you look on
www.airgununiverse.org you would find plenty of sensible people who would
happily help you out with the pidgeons and even hand over as many of the
blighters for your consumption as you liked. I am of course assuming you
have land thats legal to shoot on i.e. at least 15 metres from public
highways etc. Dont tell them I said but some of the more desperate ones may
even be prepared to pay a small fee for the priviledge.
My blog:
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shiptodruid

Old 19-05-2007, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , R
writes

Sold bike therefore bikeless.

I bet you regret it? Although given what I know of your bike perhaps
not.

Heh, I like the sound of "Grandad Steve" ;-)

I prefer "Living Ancestor".

--
steve auvache

Old 20-05-2007, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"steve auvache" wrote in message
In article , R
writes

Sold bike therefore bikeless.

I bet you regret it? Although given what I know of your bike perhaps
not.

OI!
I gave up because of floaters in me left eye causing a blind spot when they
occasionally join up.
Local eye man said that vibration could cause them to jiggle together more
often and cause the problem.
So, as there isn't an electric powered bike capable of 100mph I gave up and
are staying alive.

Heh, I like the sound of "Grandad Steve" ;-)

I prefer "Living Ancestor".

More like living Dinosaur

LOL!

How to annoy the pigeons? Steve Harris United Kingdom 25 03-06-2018 07:37 AM
Wood pigeons K United Kingdom 18 05-02-2013 08:49 PM
Greedy Wood Pigeons Jupiter United Kingdom 28 13-05-2005 10:36 AM
Feed the birds - except pigeons! Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 13 11-02-2005 10:10 PM
Pigeons [email protected] United Kingdom 16 05-06-2003 09:19 AM