Old 23-05-2007, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Short front garden hose

On 23 May, 11:42, "torge conrad maguar"
wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

On 23/5/07 11:16, in article ,
"torge conrad maguar" wrote:

I have a short front garden and need to get a hose out regularly since I
have a lot plants only sitting in about 18 inches of soil.

My cheapo hose ( its gone a bit hard and stiff over the years) is always
struggle to coil up and uncoil.

I seem to remember some time ago seeing a hose for sale somewhere that
was
soft and very flexible and 'flattens' up to reels up. Can anyone
recommend
one of those please? and perhaps tell me the make of it so I can try and
locate one in north London. Thanks

Would it be possible to put the hose under the soil and leave it in place,
having made holes in it to irrigate the plants when you turn the tap on?
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

Thanks. not really since most of the garden was creating by dumping soil on
to paving bricks and is a bit 'all over the place'. also there are a lot of
large pots that you really have to walk around to do.

I would just buy another cheap hose for a few quid, coil it up after
use and consider it disposable after a season or two.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries