Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Free containers

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| | Where would they need to be collected from?
|
| Haroldswick?
|
| Huh?
|
| Too deep for me :-)

It's effectively the northernmost 'town' in the UK, right up at the
north of the northmost of the main Shetland islands. The edge of
beyond ....

If you look at a map, which I couldn't resist doing, there appear to be
at least four other "places" further north, the northernmost being
"Norwick". Sorry for being a pedantic git.

Regards

--
Alan Johnson, Geotr@ns
www.geotrans-online.de
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 5 Jun, 21:09, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"K" wrote in message

Mary Fisher writes

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...
These are available free, they just need washing for any camper or
gardener or lover of things with a lifetime guarantee and no further
use
to our son's client.

They each hold ten gallons, have a screw top, a wine box type tap,
insulated side walls, two carry handles and a retching orange white
and
logo colour scheme.

Here's a link:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5yanwwx

What did they have in them before?

Soft drinks, I think. They'd easily wash. They're coming tonight, would
you
like some? I don't mind delivering to you (not tonight though!).

Mary

--
Kay

Yes - it's a US soft drink - I've come across it referenced as a high
energy drink for 'sportsmen'.

That's the one, son has just left. His company has been promoting the
'orange' and 'lemon' versions iin Britain and the company won't use the
containers again for fear of litigation - although they're recommended for
re-use by customers! Son is not pleased, throwing them away after being used
only as a display (even though they are recyclable) isn't his company policy
and it wasn't in the contract but the customer is unmovable.

Mary

Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

| | Where would they need to be collected from?
|
| Haroldswick?
|
| Huh?
|
| Too deep for me :-)

It's effectively the northernmost 'town' in the UK, right up at the
north of the northmost of the main Shetland islands. The edge of
beyond ....

Oh, I see. I wouldn't mind living there!

Mary

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"K" wrote in message

[...]

It looks like the Company policy is a bit more lax with regard to what it
promotes.
Perhaps Gatorade might be of some use to professional sportsmen but
promoting it to pump down the throats of spotty adolescents ain't good news.
It's a sugar laden, concoction of mush.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message

[...]

There are plenty other liquids which answer that description. I haven't
drunk anything like that since I was 17. And it's not only adolescents who
eat and drink non-foods.

I'm not promoting the stuff, I don't eat or drink any junk.

Mary

Old 07-06-2007, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Alan Johnson writes:

| It's effectively the northernmost 'town' in the UK, right up at the
| north of the northmost of the main Shetland islands. The edge of
| beyond ....
|
| If you look at a map, which I couldn't resist doing, there appear to be
| at least four other "places" further north, the northernmost being
| "Norwick". Sorry for being a pedantic git.

Which is why I said 'town'. Unst has a population of about 600, and
Norwick is not one of the main three settlements - it doesn't even
have a church.

I am a pedant by profession :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
These are available free, they just need washing for any camper or
gardener or lover of things with a lifetime guarantee and no further use
to our son's client.

They each hold ten gallons, have a screw top, a wine box type tap,
insulated side walls, two carry handles and a retching orange white and
logo colour scheme.

Picture on request.

Takers will have to pay carriage or collect.

Mary

Have you tried freecycle? With the right description and possibly photos on
the freecycle group site I am sure people will be interested.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 7, 11:46 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
I'm not promoting the stuff, I don't eat or drink any junk.

How many have you got left? I've got 5 takers here. Could pop over at
the week end.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 7, 11:46 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
I'm not promoting the stuff, I don't eat or drink any junk.

How many have you got left? I've got 5 takers here. Could pop over at
the week end.

To Leeds?

You can have five - or more.

Mail me.

Mary

Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8 Jun, 09:16, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
To Leeds?

Yep. I'm in Manchester and I need to do a rekkie around the North west
to find a picnic area for our 20th wedding anniversary. So this falls
perfectly well with our plans )

You can have five - or more.
Mail me.

Doing this right now.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:28:42 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

These are available free, they just need washing for any camper or gardener
or lover of things with a lifetime guarantee and no further use to our son's
client.

Having looked at the photos - they look just perfect for use as a
wormery.

A support perforated "floor" of some type just above the tap line and
away you go.