Old 07-06-2007, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ping Judith: Mulberry Tree

Daughters want to know: did you like the Mulberry Tree as much as they
do?

To get back on topic (sort of): when we were small we had a mulberry
tree, and my mother was hauled into school to see the head because my
brother had been distributing cigarettes made from mulberry leaves to
the other six-year-olds!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 7, 5:48 pm, Klara wrote:
Daughters want to know: did you like the Mulberry Tree as much as they
do?

Klara, it was fabulous! I would definitely go there again. The staff
were so friendly but professional and the food definitely would rival
Lavenders at Brundall. I heard a whisper in the trade today that The
Mulberry Tree may well win Chef of the Year in the Eastern Region, I
would not be surprised. Maybe I will see your daughters there?

Back on topic, in the garden there were tables and chairs that looked
like rattan but I was told they stay out all year round and are made
of a resin. I looked them up on Google and they are from Made on
earth, medium back armchair retailling at £150. it's a bit expensive
for a garden chair bit it looked so good that I probably will invest
in a few unless someone here knows of something similar, of the same
quality for less?

Judith

Old 07-06-2007, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message . com,
" writes
On Jun 7, 5:48 pm, Klara wrote:
Daughters want to know: did you like the Mulberry Tree as much as they
do?

Klara, it was fabulous! I would definitely go there again. The staff
were so friendly but professional and the food definitely would rival
Lavenders at Brundall. I heard a whisper in the trade today that The
Mulberry Tree may well win Chef of the Year in the Eastern Region, I
would not be surprised. Maybe I will see your daughters there?

We'll have to go there the next time we're in Norfolk: and soon, too,
because if you're right about them winning Chef of the Year, won't
prices double? So who knows? Might see you there!

Back on topic, in the garden there were tables and chairs that looked
like rattan but I was told they stay out all year round and are made
of a resin. I looked them up on Google and they are from Made on
earth, medium back armchair retailling at £150. it's a bit expensive
for a garden chair bit it looked so good that I probably will invest
in a few unless someone here knows of something similar, of the same
quality for less?

Those chairs sound a tad expensive.... Last summer I fell in love with
some chairs that look just as if they had just come from Monet's garden:
tried them and they were really comfy, so I got eight ... had afternoon
tea, chairs still comfy, wine, still fine, ... then had a meal: well,
one sits quite differently when eating with a knife and fork, and
somehow, to me at least, they aren't nearly so comfortable that way: I
guess I'll have to live on a diet of finger foods! But it has taught me
something about trying out chairs for dining!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
Ping:- Judith and Ophelia soup[_2_] United Kingdom 6 21-04-2009 08:34 PM
ping Judith Sheila United Kingdom 1 17-11-2008 10:04 PM
Ping Judith in France Mary Fisher United Kingdom 20 29-05-2008 10:24 AM
Mulberry tree and foundations (was Love my Mulberry tree!!!) Geoff Cashman Gardening 3 11-07-2003 01:56 AM