Old 27-05-2008, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Judith in France

Solved your eglu transport?

Mary

Old 27-05-2008, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 27, 3:10 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
Solved your eglu transport?

Mary

No Mary, I just don't know where to turn next. I am leaving home for
a week tomorrow, maybe I can sort it when I come back. It may be that
I will have to actually drive there from France specifically to get it
as it would not be as expensive!!!

Judith
Old 27-05-2008, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 27, 5:27 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 27/5/08 17:13, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
On May 27, 3:10 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
Solved your eglu transport?

Mary

No Mary, I just don't know where to turn next. I am leaving home for
a week tomorrow, maybe I can sort it when I come back. It may be that
I will have to actually drive there from France specifically to get it
as it would not be as expensive!!!

Judith

I'm really sorry we can't help with that. The person who used to live in
this village and do smallish removals has retired. The man who has taken
over his van wanted £800 to go from here to Chepstow!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

No problem Sacha, as you know I intended to pick it up in April and
then call to see you but events sort of took over didn't they? You
had your new grandchildren and I got taken over by NHS work in
England, I will get it, by hook or by crook!

Judith
Old 27-05-2008, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/5/08 21:32, in article
, "Judith in
France" wrote:

On May 27, 5:27 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 27/5/08 17:13, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
[...]

If any idea does occur to me I'll let you know. It's so tiresome to be
stumped by what should be a fairly easy problem to solve.

Old 27-05-2008, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 27, 11:32 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 27/5/08 21:32, in article
, "Judith in

France" wrote:
On May 27, 5:27 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 27/5/08 17:13, in article
, "Judith

in France" wrote:
[...]

Don't worry my dear, Martin has been a great help, he and I have
emailed Omelet but without a reply as to the weight, I have a feeling
that he will find out for me, he usually comes up trumps. I'm off for
a week now to Dubai, speak when I get back.

Judith
Old 28-05-2008, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sorry to butt in, but I take it you need the Eglu transported to
France,which part of France, I know a couple of people who have homes over
there, and drive across, It may be of assistance to you.

Old 28-05-2008, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 28, 12:06 am, "Sheila" wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but I take it you need the Eglu transported to
France,which part of France, I know a couple of people who have homes over
there, and drive across, It may be of assistance to you.

What a kind suggestion Shiela, I live in the Auvergne about 50
kilometres South of Clermont Ferrand. It is a huge thing and would
take up an awful lot of space but I would be happy to pay.

Judith
Old 28-05-2008, 03:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On May 28, 12:06 am, "Sheila" wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but I take it you need the Eglu transported to
France,which part of France, I know a couple of people who have homes
over
there, and drive across, It may be of assistance to you.

What a kind suggestion Shiela, I live in the Auvergne about 50
kilometres South of Clermont Ferrand. It is a huge thing and would
take up an awful lot of space but I would be happy to pay.

Judith

I will get my maps out and ask around.

Old 28-05-2008, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 May 2008 00:12:48 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

On May 28, 12:06 am, "Sheila" wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but I take it you need the Eglu transported to
France,which part of France, I know a couple of people who have homes over
there, and drive across, It may be of assistance to you.

What a kind suggestion Shiela, I live in the Auvergne about 50
kilometres South of Clermont Ferrand. It is a huge thing and would
take up an awful lot of space but I would be happy to pay.

Judith

Hi Judith - rather late in the day and I expect you have already gone off on
your travels - but I have emailed my brother to ask his advice. He runs his
own engineering business and uses carriers all the time for transporting far
larger and heavier items than an Eglu. For reasons that you and I know g
he also knows exactly where the Eglu is to be collected from. If he comes up
with any bright ideas I will let you know, here or by email.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through the usenet newsgroup uk.rec.gardening

Old 28-05-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 28, 8:55 am, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:12:48 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On May 28, 12:06 am, "Sheila" wrote:
Sorry to butt in, but I take it you need the Eglu transported to
France,which part of France, I know a couple of people who have homes over
there, and drive across, It may be of assistance to you.

What a kind suggestion Shiela, I live in the Auvergne about 50
kilometres South of Clermont Ferrand. It is a huge thing and would
take up an awful lot of space but I would be happy to pay.

It's basically an 80cm hollow cube.
--

Martin

Wot would I do without you. I will get onto it when I get back,
auvoir for now.

Judith
Old 28-05-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 28, 9:27 am, Sally Thompson wrote:
[...]

Hi Sally just about to go, thanks so much, I look frward to hopefully
hearing something.

Judith

Old 28-05-2008, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
lid says...
On Wed, 28 May 2008 12:13:40 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 27 May 2008 09:13:36 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On May 27, 3:10 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
Solved your eglu transport?

Mary

No Mary, I just don't know where to turn next. I am leaving home for
a week tomorrow, maybe I can sort it when I come back. It may be that
I will have to actually drive there from France specifically to get it
as it would not be as expensive!!!

Our experience of using Parcel Force to send a large item from UK to NL will
never be repeated by us or the company that shipped it.

I have just sent a 29 kilo parcel 100 x 60 x 60 to NI for £11.99 its
above 30 kilos it starts to get interesting and they wont quote me as a
non account customer for sending to Europe so no help to Judith.

8 years ago it cost GBP 50 to send a sail weighing around 10kg from Norfolk to
Holland via Parcel Force with guaranteed two day delivery. The sail disappeared
completely. Parcel Force tracking showed that we had received the parcel two
days after it was handed in. After many phone calls from both UK and NL, we
located the package in Utrecht 60 miles away. 2 days later it still hadn't
arrived, it had been lost on the way to us. Several calls to the local post
office parcel place eventually located it again. It then got lost again for
three hours because the van driver got lost on the way to us from about a mile
away, because the packet didn't have the postcode on it!
Once we had the packet we could see from stuff stamped on the packet that it
hadn;t left the place where it was handed in on a Thursday until the next
Monday, that it then went to London and from London to Brussels and from
Brussels to Utrecht and the so called tracking was totally dishonest.

8 years ago I would have agreed with you, I sent a plant to Hamburg which
3 weeks later arrived back at the nursery, looking at the various
stamps and marks it had been to Hamburg then come back, when I
complained that it had taken so long to get it wrong, I was informed that
the 3 day delivery was only an aspiration!, but they are now very good,
equal to or better than the other carriers (but not always as cheap) I
started using them last October and so far every parcel has arrived the
next day. The difference I suspect is booking the parcels on line so you
do the bar coded labels so at least the parcel starts off with the
correct address bar coded on it. previously they would stick their labels
on to the wrong parcel, so although your address label clearly said
Belfast they would happily deliver the parcel to an address in Manchester
because thats what the bar code label said!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
Judith in France Nobby United Kingdom 1 24-08-2009 06:01 PM
Ping:- Judith and Ophelia soup[_2_] United Kingdom 6 21-04-2009 08:34 PM
foa Judith in France. Sheila United Kingdom 12 17-09-2008 11:29 PM
ping Judith: Mulberry Tree Klara United Kingdom 2 07-06-2007 11:34 PM