Old 12-06-2007, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Insect Control Netting

Has anyone had any experience with insect control material called ....
Agrilan Enviromesh or NA. Kayes Viromesh ? ( I assume they're two
different products).
Never having seen the products, I'm curious about their texture.
Ideally I would hope it to be soft and flaccid enough to drape it over
brassicas and fruit bushes etc rather like a fleece say, but I wonder if
it might be a bit too stiff for this and perhaps better suited to a cage
frame to keep it clear of the plants. I think they are also used for
polytunnel covers.
Its pricey stuff so I don't want to make an expensive error.
Advice would be appreciated.
p. pleater.

Old 13-06-2007, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , p. pleater
writes

Has anyone had any experience with insect control material called ....
Agrilan Enviromesh or NA. Kayes Viromesh ? ( I assume they're two
different products).

Never having seen the products, I'm curious about their texture.
Ideally I would hope it to be soft and flaccid enough to drape it over
brassicas and fruit bushes etc rather like a fleece say, but I wonder if
it might be a bit too stiff for this and perhaps better suited to a cage
frame to keep it clear of the plants. I think they are also used for
polytunnel covers.

Enviromesh is like a rather coarse net curtain, it's not a soft as
fleece, but it's flexible enough to drape over something and just hold
in place with boards or bricks for temporary protection.

--
Chris French

Old 13-06-2007, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , p. pleater
writes

[...]

Thanks Chris, sounds OK, so I'll treat myself to some as a surprise
Fathers Day present to me from me......because I'm worth it !!

P.pleater.

Old 13-06-2007, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from chris French contains these words:

In message , p. pleater
writes

Has anyone had any experience with insect control material called ....
Agrilan Enviromesh or NA. Kayes Viromesh ? ( I assume they're two
different products).

Never having seen the products, I'm curious about their texture.
Ideally I would hope it to be soft and flaccid enough to drape it over
brassicas and fruit bushes etc rather like a fleece say, but I wonder if
it might be a bit too stiff for this and perhaps better suited to a cage
frame to keep it clear of the plants. I think they are also used for
polytunnel covers.

Enviromesh is like a rather coarse net curtain, it's not a soft as
fleece, but it's flexible enough to drape over something and just hold
in place with boards or bricks for temporary protection.

--
Chris French

I'm fairly sure that I bought some of Kays' own brand and found it
somewhat stiffer and therefore a bit more difficult to manage than the
normal stuff.

Janet G
Old 15-06-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"p. pleater" wrote in message

Has anyone had any experience with insect control material called ....
Agrilan Enviromesh or NA. Kayes Viromesh ? ( I assume they're two
different products).
Never having seen the products, I'm curious about their texture.
Ideally I would hope it to be soft and flaccid enough to drape it over
brassicas and fruit bushes etc rather like a fleece say, but I wonder if
it might be a bit too stiff for this and perhaps better suited to a cage
frame to keep it clear of the plants. I think they are also used for
polytunnel covers.
Its pricey stuff so I don't want to make an expensive error.
Advice would be appreciated.
p. pleater.

I'm not sure if you've brought your enviromesh yet, but I saw a picture of
it on the Ferndale Lodge website -
http://www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk/Prod...product=556507 it looks
like a more open weave of hessian.

HTH