Old 26-06-2007, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Echinacea?

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

Where will I find some?

Is it easy to grow?

How does one use it to make this miracle 'cure'?

Old 26-06-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote:

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

AKA Purple Coneflower. Used as a tincture or a tea; supposedly bolsters
the immune system. I consider the claims suspect; you can do as you
wish...

Old 27-06-2007, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Alan Holmes" wrote:

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

AKA Purple Coneflower. Used as a tincture or a tea; supposedly
bolsters
the immune system. I consider the claims suspect; you can do as you
wish...

I am usually sceptical about homeopathic stuff like this.

It's *not* a homeopathic remedy! See:
http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69209.cfm

Homeopathy is pure quackery and homeopathic remedies fraudulent!
Graham

Old 26-06-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/6/07 22:41, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

Where will I find some?

Is it easy to grow?

How does one use it to make this miracle 'cure'?

Buy it at the chemist in a little bottle, Alan. Add drops to water - works
for me. Recent research seems to show that it does indeed help with colds
and their symptoms.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 27-06-2007, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Holmes" wrote:

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

Where will I find some?

Is it easy to grow?

How does one use it to make this miracle 'cure'?

Buy it at the chemist in a little bottle, Alan. Add drops to water - works
for me. Recent research seems to show that it does indeed help with colds
and their symptoms.

Sometimes available in capsule form, as well.

My wife's been taking it in winter for years, only break by oncologist's advice
during a recent bout with cancer.

She swears by it and practically resisted a good gloat when I showed her the
article, bless her. I think there are some other earlier studies that showed no
effect, IIRC, but she believes it reinforces immune response.

All this means that when I catch a cold I usually have to take it. Nasty tasting
tincture, prefer the capsules.

E. purpurea is the most active as I recall.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 27-06-2007, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 27, 9:27 am, Emery Davis wrote:

My wife's been taking it in winter for years, only break by oncologist's advice
during a recent bout with cancer.

Emery lots of love to you and your wife, I am thinking of you.

Judith

Old 27-06-2007, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:42:09 -0700
" wrote:

On Jun 27, 9:27 am, Emery Davis wrote:

My wife's been taking it in winter for years, only break by oncologist's advice
during a recent bout with cancer.

Emery lots of love to you and your wife, I am thinking of you.

Thanks Judith! As I said all seems well for now. The echinacea is
flowing once again, beurk.

-E

Old 27-06-2007, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 27, 7:18 pm, Emery Davis wrote:

Thanks Judith! As I said all seems well for now. The echinacea is
flowing once again, beurk.

Don't knock it!!!!

Judith

Old 27-06-2007, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

Where will I find some?

Is it easy to grow?

How does one use it to make this miracle 'cure'?

Thanks for all the responses, will go and buy some and see how I get on!

Echinacea (Purple Magnus) and Slugs Steve Gardening 1 24-02-2005 11:43 PM
echinacea eaten Andrea Iles Australia 0 02-04-2003 01:32 AM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' - one ex Wayside employee J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 25-01-2003 03:16 PM
Echinacea 'Razzmatazz' Tom Gardening 1 25-01-2003 04:03 AM
Soil for echinacea Purp' HaaRoy United Kingdom 1 23-12-2002 09:41 PM