Old 29-06-2007, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Well I did try .......

I thought that the psychological thing of emptying a water but in June would
cause a drought and thus return us to Summer, but no, overnight the butts
have filled, the new tap is just fine ............. when we 'do' want water,
and the new coupling and overflow system are working well, ...... too well.
we don't want them working :-((

Sorry folks. I did my best.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 29-06-2007, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I thought that the psychological thing of emptying a water but in June
would cause a drought and thus return us to Summer, but no, overnight the
butts have filled, the new tap is just fine ............. when we 'do' want
water, and the new coupling and overflow system are working well, ......
too well. we don't want them working :-((

Sorry folks. I did my best.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

It's all my fault - buying that damn water pump. I might have known that
would make it rain endlessly.

David.

Old 29-06-2007, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
I thought that the psychological thing of emptying a water but in June
would cause a drought and thus return us to Summer, but no, overnight the
butts have filled, the new tap is just fine ............. when we 'do'
want water, and the new coupling and overflow system are working well,
...... too well. we don't want them working :-((

Sorry folks. I did my best.

Mike

'THE' Association if you served in the Electrical Branch of the Royal
Navy
Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

It's all my fault - buying that damn water pump. I might have known that
would make it rain endlessly.

David.

We'll take the blame together ;-)

Old 29-06-2007, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David (Normandy) wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message
I thought that the psychological thing of emptying a water but in June
would cause a drought and thus return us to Summer, but no, overnight the
butts have filled, the new tap is just fine ............. when we 'do' want
water, and the new coupling and overflow system are working well, ......
too well. we don't want them working :-((

Sorry folks. I did my best.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

It's all my fault - buying that damn water pump. I might have known that
would make it rain endlessly.

David.

David, you are only to blame for the Normandy rain, I am at fault for
the UK one. I lashed out a lot of money for piping, pump and controller.
Spent all the hot dry weather burying the pipe, used the system once,
not stopped raining since! Not that I am complaining, there is not
chance of flooding on my property, unlike many other places in the UK.
Old 29-06-2007, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 29/6/07 15:50, in article ,
"Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these
words:

On 29/6/07 09:47, in article
,
"Broadback"
wrote:

snip David, you are only to blame for the Normandy rain, I am at
fault
for
the UK one. I lashed out a lot of money for piping, pump and
controller.
Spent all the hot dry weather burying the pipe, used the system once,
not stopped raining since! Not that I am complaining, there is not
chance of flooding on my property, unlike many other places in the UK.

Actually, it's our fault - we sank a borehole this winter......... ;-)

It wasn't rained here since they put the last nail in my summerhouse,
yesterday! G

There's a theme developing here to do with the contrary hands of urglers!
--
Sacha

During the very hot summer of 1976, we waited,
..

and waited,
..
..
and waited

for planning permission to put a big Sun Lounge right across the front of
our last house. A massive thing. (Which later I regretted doing)

The sun shone

The garden turned to desert.

and then .......... we were granted the planning permission to GO AHEAD :-)

Guess what?

Does anyone remember the September and on of 1976?

RAIN.

and RAIN

and RAIN

:-((

Old 29-06-2007, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 29, 5:06 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:

Well we've had rain virtually every day, at some point, ever since
I ordered the summerhouse a couple of months ago!

There's nothing nicer than laying in bed with the wind and rain
howling all around so take your sleeping bag down there and enjoy
it!!!

Judith

Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 11-03-2009 11:51 PM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 10:23 PM
Well well! Judith in France United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 05:40 PM
Well well! Rusty_Hinge[_2_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 04:39 PM
Well well! Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 1 11-03-2009 03:58 PM