Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Xmas potatoes

On Jul 6, 4:17 pm, La Puce wrote:
On 6 Jul, 16:09, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

Of the four links I posted it appears only Suttons and Dobies have any seed
potatos of the sort you require.

And Fothergills -http://fothergills.co.uk/en/content/late-crop-potatoes.aspx

Top link thanks

Mike

Old 06-07-2007, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Mikesndbs writes
Apology's to the other list members but I did not expect such a
slagging off for simply asking about Xmas potatoes.

Erm .. you weren't 'simply asking about Xmas potatoes', were you? You
were also advertising your petition.
--
Kay
Old 07-07-2007, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:
On 6 Jul, 16:09, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Of the four links I posted it appears only Suttons and Dobies have any seed
potatos of the sort you require.

And Fothergills - http://fothergills.co.uk/en/content/...-potatoes.aspx

Confusing that link, actually they are not selling them this year. When
I could not find them on their web site I fired off an email, got a
prompt reply saying, sorry non for sale this year. :-(

Old 29-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered User

Location: Gloucestershire

Hi Mike
I used Bob Flower Dew's advice last year and had some lovely pots for Xmas. He suggests you take some early's, put them in the fridge for a fortnight - then plant. You'll need to protect them from frost - they were small but delicious.

Incidently Bob's book - the Gourtmet Gardener is fantastic - would make a great Xmas present!

All the best

Fruittea
QUOTE=Mikesndbs;727510]HI

I am looking for advice on this?
I have heard you can plant late and lift a crop of small spuds for
Xmas day, sounds nice and I would like to try.

What would be involved please?

Thanks

Mike

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/[/quote]

Blight on Xmas potatoes Peter James[_2_] United Kingdom 0 02-10-2010 11:56 AM
growing potatoes for Xmas Gardening_Convert United Kingdom 7 21-12-2005 06:39 PM
Xmas Trees David Berry United Kingdom 1 26-12-2002 04:14 PM
xmas gifts david United Kingdom 9 17-12-2002 11:22 PM
Watering Xmas tree Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 6 17-12-2002 09:50 PM