Old 10-07-2007, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slugs in my beehives!

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in
message ...

Don't worry about slugs.

But, if you do, they won't climb up vaseline. You could vaseline
the hive legs.

It wouldn't stay on - I've tried it.

It stays on my pots, and wood. Last a few day, even in the rain.

A few days isn't permanent, slugs are.

Tell me about it. The nematodes work, sort of, for a few weeks or more,
especially when the slugs "disappear". And I've never had a slug problem
except in wet weather. Luck, I guess.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these
words:
"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 8 Jul, 21:00, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
Helene, bees and gardens are inextricably linked. The beekeeping
forums
aren't all that good in my experience. BBKA doesn't cover Scotland and
Derbyshire is far too far south for Glasgow beekeeping.

I'm so glad you could help and reassure Ed. So sorry that you can't
keep bees anymore. You must miss it a lot. A friend of my grand dad
kept them and I loved when we visited him. But why do you think bee
keepers forums aren't good?! Surely they know what they are talking
about.

Some do ...

A bit like gardeners, then?

Yes, except that many beekeepers like to keep an air of mystery about their
bees and themselves and propagate old wives' tales.

Mary