Old 23-07-2007, 05:41 PM posted to swnet.sci.astro,uk.rec.gardening

Default Big Bertha Thing electron

Big Bertha Thing book
Cosmic Ray Series
Possible Real World System Constructs
http://web.onetel.com/~tonylance/book.html
6K Web Page
Astrophysics net ring access site
Newsgroup Reviews including soc.history.medieval

Out of Copyright Illustrated Astronomy Book Sale

From: David Hodgson
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Old Astronomy Books For Sale
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999

From: Andy Mabbett
Newsgroups: uk.sci.astronomy
Subject: For sale: Old Astronomy books
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999

From: (Oldbooks78)
Newsgroups: sci.astro
Subject: FS: Old Astronomy Books, 4 for 25 US$
Date: 26 Sep 1999

Big Bertha Thing toga

What's a First Aid Tent?
What's a toga party, in "Animal House" by National Lampoon?
In "Mean Machine" starring Burt Reynolds,
he said "If it worked once, it should work twice. Lets do it!"
With the First Aid Tent, it worked twice,
so it should work three times.
The first two battles of cyberspace each started,
when a first aid tent was set up.
The first was set up on the OUSA Classical Particle conference.
The second was set up on four conferences,
in the pseudo Student Research Faculty.
Needless to say both the conference and
the faculty were subsequently closed down by order.
"It's a tale to gladden the ears and to grow old listening to,"
said the giant in the "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant."
by Stephen Donaldson.

Tony Lance

01 June 1998 13:19:20
Message
From: Mansour Abou Jaoudy
Subject: Confused was Big Bertha Thing repairs
To: Tony Lance
Cc: George Ho-Yow
OUSA Controller
group
Hi Tony (& all)

I haven't been much on line for some time, I come here to see loads of B.B.T. stuff in my
mail box which i got no clue what to do with it.

Is this a kind of joke taking so long. I recall some time ago couple of people wanted to
be off the list but some how i still see their names on mmmmmm I see some light now ah no
don't worry that is the monitor ON ;o)

what makes me wonder, i see the OUSA Controller on the list, mmmmm i am sure she/he/they
got something more important to do, or am i wrong.

that leavs me with 3 options:

a) This is all a joke and i just did not get it.
b) This is some kind of a test to see how much mentally are we prepaired to take.
c) You playing with fire.

Now if it is "a" it is taking too long and people are getting upset (I myself one of them)
I hope it is not "b", I re-checked your resume and you seem to me not the person who will
do such a thing. you more into computers right.
that leaves "c", well what shell i say, maybe we are lucky you got a 386 PC and not a PII
300 ))

There is a conference about Programming and programmers, why don't you come by and share
with us your expereince in this field, you seem you got lots of it and will be of good
help. I have to say i am the mod of that conference but have not been there for more than
3 months, i feel like a stranger now ;o))

I have included every one in my reply (although i don't know who are the "group" ) and
will try to keep it for this time only.

I read your message about internet and did not know in which conference to reply to, well
it sounds good. as i said it SOUNDS. my advice never trust anything free, specialy on the
net. they have here some kind of a free telephone they say it costs you nothing and you
can speak as much as you want, BUT while you are in conversation, every 2 minutes you get
an advirt and you have to press a key for yes/no if you press the wrong key by misstake
you might bet something home of ƒ100 which you don't want at all.

now my interesting part of the reply, The Internet ;o) here in Holland they will have
access at the end of this year through the tv cable. and Holland is the best country in
that way, since every single house got a tv cable that is handled by the cityhall. and
they said the speed will be more than 10 times an ISDN line. now that is something
interesting.

OK enought talking now, back to work ;o)

take care

and keep your fingers off the fire

Mansour