Old 28-07-2007, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Crazy world. RSPB, Woodland Trust etc banned, or justwishfulthinking by BAA dickheads.

On 28/7/07 16:04, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/7/07 22:43, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message
Gloria wrote:
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...cle2809171.ece

Heathrow puts up legal barricades to keep away protesters If you're a
member of the National Trust, the RSPB, the Woodland Trust
or Friends of the Earth, then you could be banned from Britain's
biggest airport. And the Piccadilly line. And parts of Paddington
station. And sections of the M4. All because the authorities want to
halt a protest against climate change...
Stuff deleted!

More here http://tinyurl.com/3b3fcq
About time, IMHO these minority pressure groups cause more trouble than
they are worth.

You obviously do not live anywhere near heathrow, so you would not be
pestered every minute by a noise wagon flying over your house, so you
have
to stop talking, or listening to the TV or radio, just so some overpaid
sods
just increase their wage packets regardless of the impact upon ordinary
people.

The whole bloody airport should be shut down.

What year did you buy your house?

1966, but the airport was relatively small at that time, and aircraft were
not flying in and out every minute!

Unhappily they've all expanded - unhappily for those that live underneath
them. Guernsey has banned jets flying in and out but the prop jobs are
still pretty noisy. It makes me think of the tourist visiting Windsor
Castle who asked why they built a castle so close to the airport. But since
1966 you must have seen huge changes.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk