Old 31-07-2007, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default it's flying ant day!

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 31-07-2007, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 31, 2:01 pm, Klara wrote:
The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

it was yesterday in Dublin and day before.

Old 31-07-2007, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com, Des
Higgins writes
On Jul 31, 2:01 pm, Klara wrote:
The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

it was yesterday in Dublin and day before.

Maybe because the sunshine reached you first?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 31-07-2007, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/7/07 14:34, in article , "Klara"
wrote:

In message .com, Des
Higgins writes
On Jul 31, 2:01 pm, Klara wrote:
The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

it was yesterday in Dublin and day before.

Maybe because the sunshine reached you first?

I think it was last week here. I didn't see them but my daughter had some
in her garden.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-07-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 31, 2:34 pm, Klara wrote:
In message .com, Des
Higgins writesOn Jul 31, 2:01 pm, Klara wrote:
The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

it was yesterday in Dublin and day before.

Maybe because the sunshine reached you first?

I was going to make a smart remark about "what sunshine?" when I
realise we have just had 2 sunny days for the first time in weeks, so
maybe that is teh reason :-).

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Old 31-07-2007, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Klara" wrote in message

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

19th July for us on the Isle of Wight because I took a load of photos and
the time and date are recorded on the photo :-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 31-07-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31 Jul, 14:01, Klara wrote:
The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

They were flying i Grays, Essex on the 30th, but not here in
Lincolnshire yesterday or today.

Old 31-07-2007, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:01:36 +0100, Klara
wrote:

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

We wondered today at a huge flock of seagulls circling over the fields
and could only think it might be flying ants. Didn't see any ants
though.

Pam in Bristol
Old 31-07-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Klara" wrote

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

Had them in the greenhouse a month ago..yuk! Some flying today, landed on me
whilst attending an alfresco lunch in Woking.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 31-07-2007, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:01:36 +0100, Klara wrote:

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

Nope, no ants to fly up here.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 01-08-2007, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/7/07 23:22, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Klara" wrote

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

Had them in the greenhouse a month ago..yuk! Some flying today, landed on me
whilst attending an alfresco lunch in Woking.

Never mind Bob. By way of compensation that Belamcanda is doing
wonderfully!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

Ants flew last night in Northants.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Uncle Marvo
writes
, I, Marvo, say :

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

Ants flew last night in Northants.

Judging by all the replies, not as mysterious as I'd thought, then, but
just responding to local temperatures, maybe?

Still a bit magic, though, all those males off after just a few
queens....

Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote after...
"Bob Hobden" wrote in reply to
"Klara" who wrote

The ants are flying, at least around here, in Surrey/Sussex. Is it the
same all over the country?

Had them in the greenhouse a month ago..yuk! Some flying today, landed on
me
whilst attending an alfresco lunch in Woking.

Never mind Bob. By way of compensation that Belamcanda is doing
wonderfully!

Pleased to hear it, ours outside got slugged in all the wet so are going to
be late this year. More seedlings in the greenhouse so should have a better
display next year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden