Old 24-08-2007, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strawberry tree site: http://strawberrytrees.co.uk/

Following the success of the "Mulberry Trees" site -
http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/ - I have decided upon a
sequel: a Strawberry tree site:

-- http://strawberrytrees.co.uk/ --

The strawberry tree season will soon be upon
us - so now is a good time to track down your
local trees.

As with the Mulberry Trees site, the main content
is a list of the locations of UK Strawberry trees,
in a bid to raise awareness about this fruit tree.

There are photographs and Google maps links to
some of the tree locations.

The Mulberry Trees site is now well populated with
trees (though more are always welcome). However
the Strawberry tree site is just starting out in
the world - so there are /currently/ only a limited
number of trees listed.

That's where I'm hoping you folks will come in:

Sites like these owe their existence to user-
submitted content - so if you could spend a
few moments sharing the locations of any trees
the site has not yet indexed - while you are
looking for other trees near you which /are/
listed - I'm sure everyone will be grateful.

-- http://strawberrytrees.co.uk/ --

Happy munching!
--
__________
Old 24-08-2007, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Tim Tyler
writes
Following the success of the "Mulberry Trees" site -
http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/ - I have decided upon a
sequel: a Strawberry tree site:

-- http://strawberrytrees.co.uk/ --

Is that the whole of genus Arbutus, or just Arbutus unedo?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 24-08-2007, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Tim Tyler wrote:

-- http://strawberrytrees.co.uk/ --

Is that the whole of genus Arbutus, or just Arbutus unedo?

What I say on:

http://strawberrytrees.co.uk/locations/

....is:

"Arbutus unedo, Arbutus menziezii and Arbutus andrachnoides are
all of interest to us."

*Not* just Arbutus unedo - but frankly, I haven't decided yet
exactly where to draw the line.

For reference:

http://www.pfaf.org/database/search_...LNAMES=Arbutus
--
Old 31-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tyler View Post
[...]

I've had a Strawberry Tree in my garden for years. I didn't know it was so special. Furthermore, I didn't know you could eat the fruits.
I live in Bellshill, Scotland & the tree is 6ft X 3ft.