Old 02-09-2007, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default re-flowering Embothrium

Our Embothrium coccinea is flowering for the second time this year and
flowering well, too. Anyone else experiencing this? I do hope it's not a
bad omen because when a Eucryphia did a fabulous flowering in January, 3
years ago, it promptly died!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
Our Embothrium coccinea is flowering for the second time this year and flowering well, too.
Double-flowering on notro is common in NZ.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/9/07 10:44, in article ,
"echinosum" wrote:

Sacha;744616 Wrote:
Our Embothrium coccinea is flowering for the second time this year and
flowering well, too.

Double-flowering on notro is common in NZ.

I don't think there's been much about this summer that would make anyone
think they're in NZ, not even a confused Embothrium. ;-)

Old 03-09-2007, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/9/07 17:12, in article lid, "Stewart Robert
Hinsley" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 3/9/07 10:44, in article
,
"echinosum" wrote:

Sacha;744616 Wrote:
Our Embothrium coccinea is flowering for the second time this year and
flowering well, too.
Double-flowering on notro is common in NZ.

I don't think there's been much about this summer that would make anyone
think they're in NZ, not even a confused Embothrium. ;-)

Bits of New Zealand have heavy rainfall.

http://www.niwascience.co.nz/edu/res.../climate_rainf
all

I hope bits of Australia do, too. They are desperate for rain.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:55:26 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Our Embothrium coccinea is flowering for the second time this year and
flowering well, too. Anyone else experiencing this? I do hope it's not a
bad omen because when a Eucryphia did a fabulous flowering in January, 3
years ago, it promptly died!

It thinks it's just coming out of winter: day-length is right,
weather's warming up, not so much rain......

--
Chris

Old 03-09-2007, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 3/9/07 17:12, in article lid, "Stewart Robert
Hinsley" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 3/9/07 10:44, in article
,
"echinosum" wrote:

Sacha;744616 Wrote:
Our Embothrium coccinea is flowering for the second time this year and
flowering well, too.
Double-flowering on notro is common in NZ.

I don't think there's been much about this summer that would make anyone
think they're in NZ, not even a confused Embothrium. ;-)

Bits of New Zealand have heavy rainfall.

http://www.niwascience.co.nz/edu/res.../climate_rainf
all

I hope bits of Australia do, too. They are desperate for rain.

That map was average rainfall for New Zealand. My point was that the
exceptional rainfall of this summer will be similar to normal rainfall
in some parts of New Zealand.

Bits of Australia do have high rainfall

http://www.australiatravelsearch.com.au/trc/facts.html

Note Tasmania, bits of the Queensland Coast, and the Cape York
Peninsula. Unfortunately they're not the bits that are desperate for
rain.

There have been exceptional rainfall events in parts of Australia over
the last few months.

For example, "Rainbow Beach on the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane,
smashed the Australian daily rainfall record with a whopping 713mm in
the 24 hours to 9am (AEST) on August 24."
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Wisteria 'tree', Embothrium and Laburnum arch Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 4 15-05-2008 10:52 AM
Embothrium Sacha United Kingdom 0 24-04-2007 11:13 PM
Embothrium coccineum Sacha United Kingdom 10 12-04-2007 06:23 PM
Feeding embothrium was Grey Water for Garden? Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 2 28-07-2005 06:18 PM
Chilean Fire Tree/Bush Embothrium coccineum Mark or Travis Gardening 5 25-01-2003 06:21 PM