Old 13-09-2007, 03:01 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture

Default porky pigs are getting their own back

http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/flande...0912_MRSA_pigs

Old 13-09-2007, 03:05 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture

Default porky pigs are getting their own back. Pig breeders infected by MRSA

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:01:23 -0700, porky pig
wrote:

And they said it couldn't happen? Time to go veggie I think.

http://www.flandersnews.be/cm/flande...0912_MRSA_pigs

Pig breeders infected by MRSA
Wed 12/09/07 - Half of the pig breeders in Belgium are infected with
MRSA, an investigation by the Federal Health Ministry reveals. The
MRSA bacterium is resistant to most antibiotics.
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) usually strikes in
hospitals but now it seems it is also growing rampant in Belgian pig
sties.

As such it is of no danger to the animals themselves but it may be
dangerous to the breeder or the people that visit the sties. (VRT)
MRSA is transmitted by bacteria that enter the skin through open
wounds and that cause blood poisoning.

In our country, one in two pig breeders are infected with it. In quite
a number of cases, the infection has also spread to his family.

Healthy people run little risk of infection but those that are weak or
already ill may well die from it, as is the case in hospital-acquired
infections.

The government now intends to take measures to stop the bacterium from
spreading to hospitals and resting homes so as to avoid an overall
epidemic.

The Health Ministry underlines that a pig infected with MRSA doesn't
pose any risk to the food chain.

--

Hansom 0++0

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
‘Woe on those who call evil good,’ but that’s exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour’s possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You, to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.”