Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can I design something that will be useful while gardening?

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Uncle Marvo" wrote

Can't the technical rubbish be put in another thread, or something?
Just an idea.

I can see this thread becoming an all time record on teh number of posts
!!

most of which has nothing to do with the original poster's main topic and
request :-((

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Registered User

I have to say, i am in not in IT, and to be honest dont know the first thing about website design, so all the technical stuff that has been discussed in this site has gone straight over my head! Thanks for the input though, I had no idea that so many people didnt have flash on their computers. All the best sites are flash. (I am biased in this, my dad is a flash animator!) Unfortunatley I cant change the 'flashiness' of the site as it was created using a web-based design program which is entirely based on flash. I'll bare it in mind for the future though, and maybe actually try to learn dreamweaver or similar. Ive got plenty of time to learn, I am only 20 after all.

Im just glad that although a lot of the talk in this thread has been a little off topic, at least you're talking! Publicity is good.

As for ideas that are coming in, im surprised by the volume of response, so sorry if replies about individual ideas are slow. I'll get back to everyone but it could take a little while! Trying to juggle this project with writing my dissertation and its not easy.

Thankyou for all the positive responses and the critisism, its all helpfull! Holly
Old 06-10-2007, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"designmea" wrote in message

... and
maybe actually try to learn dreamweaver or similar. Ive got plenty of
time to learn, I am only 20 after all.

I use Dreamweaver, it's expensive but very easy - no need for codes (here
the IT purists will find objections but why make things more difficult than
they can be?)

Mary

Old 06-10-2007, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"designmea" wrote
... and
maybe actually try to learn dreamweaver or similar. Ive got plenty of
time to learn, I am only 20 after all.

I use Dreamweaver, it's expensive but very easy - no need for codes (here
the IT purists will find objections but why make things more difficult
than they can be?)
Mary

Totally agree with you there Mary :~)) Give me a WYSIWYG program anytime
And you can tweak the HTML afterwards if you so desire.........
Jenny

Old 06-10-2007, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , JennyC
writes

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"designmea" wrote
... and
maybe actually try to learn dreamweaver or similar. Ive got plenty of
time to learn, I am only 20 after all.

I use Dreamweaver, it's expensive but very easy - no need for codes (here
the IT purists will find objections but why make things more difficult
than they can be?)
Mary

Totally agree with you there Mary :~)) Give me a WYSIWYG program anytime
And you can tweak the HTML afterwards if you so desire.........
Jenny

I've been using HoTMetaL Pro for years, but I'm beginning to have
trouble with it's weak compatibility with PHP (it barfs on any "" used
in a PHP script, which means that you can't use PHP classes, and have to
be careful with how you emit HTML from PHP code). There are a number of
freeware HTML editors out there - I'm using NAMO web editor as a backup
for HoTMetaL Pro, when not using notepad or vim.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley