Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Default Ray Brown/Plant World

I was searching on line for Fascicularia seed and am now confused. I
thought Ray Brown owned Plant World in Devon (http://www.plant-world-
seeds.com). However, there's also an online seed shop called "Ray
Brown's Gardening", and it's obviously the same man (http://
www.raybrowns.co.uk/about-ray-browns.htm). Can anybody shed any light
on this? Thanks.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/10/07 12:58, in article
, "Ornata"
wrote:

I was searching on line for Fascicularia seed and am now confused. I
thought Ray Brown owned Plant World in Devon (
http://www.plant-world-
seeds.com). However, there's also an online seed shop called "Ray
Brown's Gardening", and it's obviously the same man (http://
www.raybrowns.co.uk/about-ray-browns.htm). Can anybody shed any light
on this? Thanks.

He certainly owns Plant World in Newton Abbot, Devon so don't know what the
Warwickshire thing is all about unless it's just some sort of administrative
rearrangement. I wouldn't have thought his nursery required two outlets,
though. We have some of his seeds for sale here, so if he comes in, I'll
ask him about it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornata View Post
I was searching on line for Fascicularia seed and am now confused. I
thought Ray Brown owned Plant World in Devon (http://www.plant-world-
seeds.com). However, there's also an online seed shop called "Ray
Brown's Gardening", and it's obviously the same man (http://
www.raybrowns.co.uk/about-ray-browns.htm). Can anybody shed any light
on this? Thanks.
Hi,

You are absolutely correct and very observant. I do run Plant World at Newton Abbot, and the original web site, but the 'spin-off' "Ray Brown's" was actually built and maintained by a very good friend with my permission, so you will receive the same seeds although the prices may vary a bit. I'm sorry you were confused. I have had a few people notice this but there is nothing sinister about it I promise you. We still grow almost all of the seed and all our plants here so are a good old fashioned nursery!

The fascicularia is a stunning plant when it finally gets going. The ones in the gardens here are 22 years old and flower incredibly every summer. We do sell large plants in pots to visitors but not by post I'm afraid. A sizeable plant will cut the wait down by about 4 years!! Can you came and visit us?

All the best

Ray Brown